Found an error in a wiring diagram

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
So I am helping a good friend with a frame off restoration on his 67 Mustang. Yeah, I know, it's a Ford. I said he was a good friend, not that he has good taste in cars. Anyway, we are 95% done with it now. I was running the wire harness for the factory AC (following a wiring diagram), and I noticed that something didn't seem quite right. After a few minutes of thinking "this cant be right", I looked in another book. He has two different books with wiring diagrams in them. Guess what, the other book showed the harness to be hooked up like I thought made sense. I guess my point is that even if you own and follow a wiring diagram, you could still have problems. FWIW, I have been working on car wiring for a LONG time now, and this is the first time I've seen an error. Tomorrow I am going to contact the company making the book with the error. Anyone want to guess what their response will be?

I must admit that I do kinda like the car. Here is a pic. Like my paint job? We did all the body work.
Mustang 35.JPG

Last edited:
I love everything about the 67 EXCEPT the horn button. What were they thinking! I prefer the coup over the fast back. We are going to get banned ;^)

Same thing happened when dad n I were doing the a.c. on the 67 cuda. 2 different schematics = me questioning my sanity lol
So I am helping a good friend with a frame off restoration on his 67 Mustang. Yeah, I know, it's a Ford. I said he was a good friend, not that he has good taste in cars. Anyway, we are 95% done with it now. I was running the wire harness for the factory AC (following a wiring diagram), and I noticed that something didn't seem quite right. After a few minutes of thinking "this cant be right", I looked in another book. He has two different books with wiring diagrams in them. Guess what, the other book showed the harness to be hooked up like I thought made sense. I guess my point is that even if you own and follow a wiring diagram, you could still have problems. FWIW, I have been working on car wiring for a LONG time now, and this is the first time I've seen an error. Tomorrow I am going to contact the company making the book with the error. Anyone want to guess what their response will be?

My SE was horrible had to use three different ones to make sense of it.

Love the stance, needs 24's yo
JK, looks good, my folks had a 67 & a 68 conv when I was young.

Most Stangs up until early 70s had great lines. And I have always loved those GT wheels.

OK so I admit I rather drive a ford than a GM. You have to give credit to the early Stangs styling. But why did Ford have to make every model always larger back then!!!!!!!! The stang, t bird, fairlane quickly became the size of an oversize tank!!!!!

You would not believe how many times I still see wiring diagrams that are wrong working at the dealership. It's even harder to figure out now with all of the computer crap on these new cars. Damn, I sound old there didn't I? LOL

Really showing my age now - my first car was a '67 Mustang hardtop, 289 K engine and 4 speed. Absolutely loved that car!

My friend bought big block springs on accident for his 302'd 68, looked like a gasser with the hood 6 inches higher than the trunk.

I saw a 69 Dart at a cruise night once with Lambo doors. I don't have a picture. I hate to say it, but it looked kind of cool. It was very well done. Not for me, but still kind of cool. BUT, isn't that what it really boils down to. I have seen a LOT of cars at car shows where the owner did something that I wouldn't do to my car, but the car was still beautiful. I am sure that a lot of people have looked at my car and thought, "Why on earth would he paint it that color? It would have looked so much better in blue with a white interior". But they still liked the car. I'm sure that the snooty purists walk around at the Mopar shows tearing every car apart behind our backs (or sometimes to our faces) for every detail that isn't 100% factory stock. Do what you want to your car. Make it look the way you want. Just be advised that a bright yellow 68 Barracuda fastback with a yellow interior might be a bit more difficult to sell, but if that is what you like, go for it.

-
Back