Found bad floor pans

-

68dodge

Reaction score
Had to change carpet in my 65 Dart, found nothing but rusted floor pans. I could not tell from underneath the car. Still had the original under coating, no cracks or under coating falling off. Fixed now. Used Autobody Specialties floor pans. Excellent fit. Next time someone thinks they have a rust free car, it is never rust free on what you can not see!!!

Attachments

• floor1.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 227
  • floor2.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 225
  • floor3.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 217
  • floor4.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 215
Look good my man. Do you have any pics of it welded in before you put down the POR15 type coating?

Yeah lol i ran into it with my 66 pulled the carpet the drivers floor was rotted, There was a fire wall plug sitting on the floor!! I guess all the years of water rotted it out, I fab'd my own pan, here's a pic.:burnout:

Attachments

• 0223102038-00.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 219
  • 049.JPG
    69.3 KB · Views: 213
  • 047.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 203
Now that is a nice job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I lucked out and my 65 SOCAL GT just had very light surface rust on it,s passenger side floor. Looks like a mix of not enough paint, and I would guess some one forgetting to put the window up when it rained! But hay for that to be the only rust on my car I am happy! Cleaned right up with a Scotch Bright disk. Brushed on some rust converter, and them some black Rustolioum.

My 65 270 is rust free. Yea right! That is till I did the same thing and puled up the carpet! Roted bad. But could not see a thing on the under side. Was enough for me to decide to use it as a parts car. Hard to want to fix it when I have a solid GT. Me no body man! LOL

Yeah lol i ran into it with my 66 pulled the carpet the drivers floor was rotted, There was a fire wall plug sitting on the floor!! I guess all the years of water rotted it out, I fab'd my own pan, here's a pic.:burnout:

-
Back