Found my password online in some kind of data breach for FABO.

-

rtse66

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else dealt with this? Obviously I've already changed my password but who knows what kind of crap has happened.,..

Has anyone else dealt with this? Obviously I've already changed my password but who knows what kind of crap has happened.,..
Something like this and you post it in General? Post it in Website questions so Joey get's a notification.

Yes about 3 and 5 years ago my password for this site was listed.
I found that out through my credit service where it listed it in a series of breaches

This is possible. And not from any sort of breach on the site's part. But using same password that is used on a site that was breached. This is BY FAR the more likely scenario.

There are login Bots that can check thousands of sites from one login breach recorded in "Dark web" corners. So once again. It's HIGHLY recommended to change passwords periodically. And use different passwords for different accounts. There are many programs that can be used to store passwords "Encrypted" either locally on your system or cloud based. I like KeePass myself. And keep that password storage application version patched and up to date. Because yes, there can be discoveries of vulnerabilities to any application.

Here's what I found/did
pic 1 googled my screen name
pic 2 hit link
pic 3 after i hit postings bottom [1 edited phone # in pic but still online

I edited my location in profile
going to change password and uncheck box to keep me logged in

A8ED3BB6-70D0-404B-94A9-27FE1DCEF323.jpeg

58928D1C-F531-4D20-91B7-D26126DAA098.png

22BD9D16-BD5E-4B04-9FD2-3E72E3BCEF13.png

I tried that, and I'm a dog, everyone knows my name-o. And a game, where you can play online and win fabulous prizes.

As the saying goes "those who can, do. Those who can't, teach"
Those who can't teach, teach the teachers.

This is what I was told by my first automotive mentor. He was a high school math teacher for as long as he could stand it. And that was his thoughts about the state teachers college.

Those who can't teach, teach the teachers.

This is what I was told by my first automotive mentor. He was a high school math teacher for as long as he could stand it. And that was his thoughts about the state teachers college.
I would tell you what I think of state run education, but that would get us to the N&P real quick

Wether i like it or not, my bank makes me change my pass code once a year.
Guess that's their policy, that i abide by, with my account.

Everyone should really have a fairly long password, with some special characters, combo of capitals and lowercase, numbers and letters, etc. That applies to all logins of any kinds.

Things like using the same 6 digit password to "candy crush" as our bank accounts is really bad practice when it comes to passwords.

:rofl:

Does the OP use a password app, or his browser to "remember" passwords.

I dispise those and strongly advise against them.

-
Back