Found Out Some Info on my Car, Now Im Torn!!!

-
Personally I'd vote to restore it as a Commando and then get another car for the wife. However as you already know and has been reaffirmed many times in this post it's obviously your car to do with as you please. Good luck with the decision either way you choose to go.

Cool car! If it's rare do it original. I think it's a great color

I'd put the Commando motor in it , clean it up and then ask her if she wants you to paint it , she might like it the way it is once she takes a nice cruise down the back back highways .Just keep everything you swap so it can go back when she decides she wants something else , you absolutely sure she hasn't been angling for a new Chally ?

She hates the color of the car, and the talk has always been to make a clone of the blue 66! I know I can do it anyway I/she wants it, so my question to you all is this...

If this car was all restored and sitting next to another 66 convertible that was Viper Blue with a white stripe and white top, all Barracuda trim, correct Barracuda dash, correct Barracuda seat covers, and for all intents was a 66 convertible Barracuda the way the factory would have made it (sans the color), which car would you say to yourself " now THAT is one rockin car"??

Here's a pic of the blue 66, you'll have to mentally chop off the roof as I'm not good at photoshop!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 177
That is beautiful Geof! Ultimately it is of course the decision of you and the boss, I mean mrs that counts. However, IMO I think the very would be absolutely stunning in blue with a white top. And cuda trim. IMO the valiant grill will look more elegant and flow with the design better. So a good polish and youll be good to go in that department 8) saving money is always a plus!

That is beautiful Geof! Ultimately it is of course the decision of you and the boss, I mean mrs that counts. However, IMO I think the very would be absolutely stunning in blue with a white top. And cuda trim. IMO the valiant grill will look more elegant and flow with the design better. So a good polish and youll be good to go in that department 8) saving money is always a plus!

Hey Daddy, I already have all of the parts to do my conversion, including a near perfect grille, perfect rocker trim, the entire dash with 150 speedo and tach, the seat covers, and the rear seat cover from a Barracuda and the material to do a correct convertible Barracuda rear seat, a new white top, the commando motor, matching 14x5.5" rims...everything I need to do the conversion! I also have a perfect floor to replace the slightly tin can-y floor thats in it, and a trunk pan, just in case!!!

And to the rest of the gang, I highly doubt that ill be able to find a car as solid as this to do the conversion on, and once again don't have the time, or more importantly the $$ to do 2 cars!! This may be my last car I redo, especially at the rate I'm going! It took me 12 years of patiently steady work to do the blue one!! At that rate ill be in my 60's before this car is done!!! :)

Sounds like you already know the answer -have at her , I'm sure it will look sweet when it's done .

I like the idea of keeping less common cars stock and leaving the custom and one of none jobs to the common cars.

I have never seen a 66 Valiant S with the options on this car. I would very much like to see one in factory trim.
I once had a 66 Valiant S convert but it was a bench seat slant 6 car.
On the other side of the coin the trim changes he would like to do are reversable should the need arise

He is lucky to have a wife that appreciates Mopars . So why not make it her way? It could be changed back someday.

I have never seen a 66 Valiant S with the options on this car. I would very much like to see one in factory trim.
I once had a 66 Valiant S convert but it was a bench seat slant 6 car.
On the other side of the coin the trim changes he would like to do are reversable should the need arise

He is lucky to have a wife that appreciates Mopars . So why not make it her way? It could be changed back someday.

Here's one in factory trim, its a commando, its a 4 speed, and its in my shop!! Belongs to a friend of mine, and yours!! Hope you don't mind Rich!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 148
Here's kind of a side by side comparison......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 138
Put it back original as possible with the exception of bolt on parts like suspension and drivetrain. That way when you do go original you can bolt the missing originality back on there.. Dont destroy or modifiy original hardware or body panels that would permanently take away from the originality.

Twins would be really sweet!! I wanted to build a 72 Duster for my wife that identical to how mine will be but instead of B5 it'd be FM3!! She decided she likes the 73-76 style better so hey, I'll build her an fm3 73-76 and maybe build the 72 Fm3 for myself:)

The original engine is gone

Restored not a real high value car

Nice mods to build as Cuda shouldn't hurt the value but keep all the original stuff just in case

I say if it I'd a clean car build it the way you like

It is just a car

Enjoy it

Check this out....if that don't sway my opinion, nothing will!! Thanks to Kegan, my vision of the car can now be seen by me, and everyone else!! Thanks buddy, you're the best!! Geof

Attachments

• image.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 120
First First Happy Birthday! First great looking Barracuda!(Blue/White strip) It is your car so enjoy it how you want it and the wife wants it. Am I missing something not to versed in the older Barracudas or Valiant. Most of the stuff you are doing is bolt on and could be reverted/changed later and if you ever sell to someone who wants it back to its original form does not seem like it would take a lot to change it back. Especially when I look at the work done on your Fish it would be solid and finished to a high standard. So would be a very solid platform for anyone to change back especially if you save all the badging and any of the hard to find stuff of the car. By the last post you put up I see where you are going and I think it will be a beautiful car when done. Best of luck in your Journey!

Check this out....if that don't sway my opinion, nothing will!! Thanks to Kegan, my vision of the car can now be seen by me, and everyone else!! Thanks buddy, you're the best!! Geof

that sure is pretty

-
Back