found some affordable headers LOL

-
just wonder who would spend that for some metal tubes... heck my rusty headers work fine

He's a member here. They are very high quality. You ain't gonna get um for BlackJack prices.

Good class cars are expensive to build. As AbodyJoe says, those guys are looking for every last thousandth.
Plus, you have to try different diameters to see what works best. $$$$$$$$$
I would guess that about 3/4 of the class racers that I know have been divorced at least once.
Those classes have a lot of guys who have to have the best and be the fastest. That's where dial-in racing came from. Being the fastest is EXPENSIVE and would narrow the field considerably, if it weren't for dial-in.
As an aside, it's only fair to mention that there are lots of combinations you can build for Stock/Super Stock that don't require that kind of spending. There are guys who like to pick through the classification guide to look for combos with weak hp factors. Meaning, they can run under the index without extreme spending. Classracer.com is a good site to read what these guys are up to.
I grew up across the street from a Stock Eliminator racer. I've been hooked for 40 years. Raced for 3 years, been a spectator the rest. Still married. :D

it does cost mint to build these things. i have at least $2000 in parts and coating and at least another $2000 in labor and procrastination. you pay for the skill of the fabricator and the parts to build them. look closely at all the parts that go into putting them together not to mention getting them to fit the a-body chassis. my headers aren't small and i was able to get 3 out of the 4 pipes on each side inside the chassis. custom built flanges to match the exhaust ports. the pipes start out at 2 3/8" for 6" then go to 2 1/2" for 6" then the 2 5/8" for 22" into a custom 5" collector. it takes a heap of procrastination to build them which cost per hour. look down on the floor and you'll see the rest of the exhaust system. perfweldheaders hit the price right on the nose.

Attachments

• older Pictures 258.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 511
every small block nhra stocker will have a set of those on them......yes...nhra class racing is expensive...

it does cost mint to build these things. i have at least $2000 in parts and coating and at least another $2000 in labor and procrastination. you pay for the skill of the fabricator and the parts to build them. look closely at all the parts that go into putting them together not to mention getting them to fit the a-body chassis. my headers aren't small and i was able to get 3 out of the 4 pipes on each side inside the chassis. custom built flanges to match the exhaust ports. the pipes start out at 2 3/8" for 6" then go to 2 1/2" for 6" then the 2 5/8" for 22" into a custom 5" collector. it takes a heap of procrastination to build them which cost per hour. look down on the floor and you'll see the rest of the exhaust system. perfweldheaders hit the price right on the nose.

now thats just unfair, you show us pictures of a set of headers and don't explain the dakota in the background with the massive tires:D:worthles:

looked at his F/SA barracuda this morning....very pretty car...and very fast car...

my friend who has a 68 F/SA barracuda was parked across from it...stopped to BS with him this morning since he did not show up on elimination ladder yesterday morning...he was sick..

the dak you asked to see. this motor in the pic is a +.030" 440 with a .590" cam. it now a a 499" with zeeker heads, 12.5-1, .680" roller, magneto, a hemi 4-speed and it has the same 2 750's on it.

Attachments

• older Pictures 439.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 406
  • older Pictures 434.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 415
  • older Pictures 431.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 411
  • older Pictures 426.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 424
  • older Pictures 421.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 409
  • older Pictures 419.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 417
  • older Pictures 417.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 401
  • older Pictures 412.jpg
    147.2 KB · Views: 426
  • older Pictures 407.jpg
    132 KB · Views: 417
  • older Pictures 440.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 396
Last I spoke to Mark he was running 6-7 months out, so he must have a ton of work. There is a member here who has a set of his headers, said they are head and shoulders above everything else he has ever seen.....

Mark does excellent work. His headers are top notch and a must for the ss class racer.

Good looking set of headers, probably should have some close up pics of em on there site. Gotta show the quality parts that go into em better

These headers are very nice and well done but for just the very few out of our price range. I'm still saving in hopes of swinging some TTI someday.

-
Back