Found some pics of my car id never seen before

-

prorac1

Reaction score
From an event I did this summer. Never seen these before, thought they were kinda cool and id share. Enjoy. Eric L

I like that one as well. I hate my exhaust though, lol. And it makes me consider building an oval exhaust system for ground clearance. Eric L

I like the motion shot as well. Care looks super sleek! you mention that you hate your exhaust. Whats wrong with it? I need to run mine out the side very similar to yours. DO you have any pics from underneath to see how yours runs?
Thanks
Rod

I like that one as well. I hate my exhaust though, lol. And it makes me consider building an oval exhaust system for ground clearance. Eric L

the don't have speedbumps up in martin?
that would make quick work of it :burnout:

great shots

I found a pic of my car that I hadn't seen before last month..

Only bummer was, it was a red-light photo ticket

I like the motion shot as well. Care looks super sleek! you mention that you hate your exhaust. Whats wrong with it? I need to run mine out the side very similar to yours. DO you have any pics from underneath to see how yours runs?
Thanks
Rod

Its more about how low the exhaust is. I have 1.75 from the muffler to the ground. This car was the first full tube chassis that we had ever built. We should have designed it to better accept exhaust.

But I found a couple places that make oval tubing and mufflers fairly reasonable, so that's a future upgrade. Eric L

the don't have speedbumps up in martin?
that would make quick work of it :burnout:

great shots

Interesting story, lol. I was driving it to work at about 4 am in November. I hit a raccoon. This resulted in both me AND the raccoon laying on the ground. I was putting the exhaust BACK on the car..........................he.........................well, wasn't much help, lol. Eric L

It says 6.0 LS

And for anybody else wondering............yes, its a 6.0 LS. Its a strut front end so I use engine plates to mount the engine. I have had many motors in there. Heres a few.

Stock slant
Modded slant (ran 13.80s NA)
360 (ran 12.00 NA)
505 Big block chevy (9.60s NA)
and the LS

I was helping a buddy swap an LS into his TA, and started studying up on the mill. I was quite impressed at the strength and affordability of the little motor. I was originally interested in a late model hemi, but the price of a used motor, combined with lack luster aftermarket support (this was a couple of years ago) steered me away from that decision.

Heres the specs on my LS for anybody who cares, lol.

Stock 6.0 from a 3/4 ton Van.
GM performance parts intake
780 CFM Prosystems holley
MSD ignition to control spark
237/248 with .617 lift cam on a 105 intake centerline.
Stock Pistons
Stock rods
Stock crank
Stock Heads
Stock lifters
Stock Block
Stock oiling system

So far its ran 10.80s, and the converter is way to tight, and the gear is way to tall. Should have some mid 10s in it, but I think im going to leave the converter and gear the way it is and spray the PISS out of it. Total investment around $2200. Its been a great little motor. Eric L

Heres a pic. They really, REALLY are UGLY motors in stock form. I did what I thought was a pretty good job of putting lipstick on a pig.

The valve covers were Fleabay cheapies
I hid the coilpacks on the sides of the block where the engine mounts would go
We built the headers from tubing from mandrel bends .com
and all wiring was hidden as best I could.
My son helped me with the brake lines and wiring.................well, he said, lets do it this way dad................and I had to figure out how to make it look like that, lol. Eric L

Well, take the negative with a grain of salt, lol. It is a nice car for sure, and I appreciate hot rodding as much as the next guy.

But, most folks just like to keep them Mopar, as do I. But I certainly won't bash anyone for spending THEIR money as they see fit on THEIR car.

In fact, I might make it up to Martin one day this summer (as I have never been to that track), if I do, I'll PM you to see if your going.

Well, take the negative with a grain of salt, lol. It is a nice car for sure, and I appreciate hot rodding as much as the next guy.

But, most folks just like to keep them Mopar, as do I. But I certainly won't bash anyone for spending THEIR money as they see fit on THEIR car.

In fact, I might make it up to Martin one day this summer (as I have never been to that track), if I do, I'll PM you to see if your going.

Sounds good. If your ever up in the area you should stop on by and have a soda.

I don't ever let stuff get me down. Its cool. If they had seen this car when I got it (22 years ago) they would be surprised its running and driving at ALL, lol.

With all this being said, if it was a stock chassis like the OTHER 63 were working on, I would probably not have done a swap like this. But with engine plates I can put anything in there I want and room isn't an issue.

My sons 63 is getting a stock 2bbl 318 with a small cam and a 727.................that should keep the masses happy, lol.

Again, no hurt feelings here. I don't think anybody came off to abrasive, lol. Its all good. Eric L

I love it. I've been quietly thinking about building a purpose-built race/street car. I've never done an entire car - just pieces and usually for customers. This would not be constrained by the Mopar powertrain limits so fabbed chassis, FAB9 rear, big tires, strut/rack front end. Set it up for a 727/RB for shakedowns and licensing, then turbo'd BB Chevy with a 'glide. I have a '65 Barracuda and I'm warming up to using that (see my post about pictures...). I've got a lot of work to do on it anyway and two other cars I can use as street cars.

Did I see you running your car last summer with Jerry black?? something tells me he was with a guy running a chevy in a mopar

Did I see you running your car last summer with Jerry black?? something tells me he was with a guy running a chevy in a mopar

Yep, that was me. Ive known Jerry since.................................well, we were BOTH a lot younger, lol.

Jerry made the comment, "Ive known you kids for so long, that now you KIDS have gray hair, and im just old". Eric L

I love it. I've been quietly thinking about building a purpose-built race/street car. I've never done an entire car - just pieces and usually for customers. This would not be constrained by the Mopar powertrain limits so fabbed chassis, FAB9 rear, big tires, strut/rack front end. Set it up for a 727/RB for shakedowns and licensing, then turbo'd BB Chevy with a 'glide. I have a '65 Barracuda and I'm warming up to using that (see my post about pictures...). I've got a lot of work to do on it anyway and two other cars I can use as street cars.

That's pretty cool. I dig it. My car was kind of a strange journey.

It was my first car, we learned a lot together. Me and my father redid the rear quarters and painted it bright red. I drove it like this for a number of years through high school, and to work as my ONLY form of transportation. Unfortunatly the rear frame rails were TOAST. So we originally did a square tube backhalf, later. It was pretty fun. My wife drove the wheels off of that thing with a race gas 360 in it, lol.

Than the torsion bar crossmember got worse. It was pretty rotted out. This was so long ago that they didn't make the frame and torsion cross member patch panels at the time. So we decided to do a tube chassis. With a LOT of advice from a couple of local chassis builders, we did what I think is a pretty good job. If I had to do over, there are certainly things I would do differently had I the chance.

For me, starting with a different car was never an option. I never really had an idea of where I wanted the car to go. It was just a process of improving my car as best I could. Cause it was MY car, and no other car would EVER be my car. Its just been a natural progression I guess. Eric L

-
Back