Found: Stolen Parts in Moses Lake WA

-

zfriedbauer

Reaction score
Hey guys posting this on here just so y'all can keep your eyes out.

Just got word from my dad, (his garage is where my duster is at) that someone broke in last night by prying up the garage door and they stole the following: My brand new fender, my whole wiring harness, my radiator, and a bunch of my cheap tools. While im guessing this was meth heads, please keep an eye out on this forum for anyone selling the stuff. My harness was replaced with patterned aviation wire, because im colorblind, also the fender is black with a white arrow painted on it. radiator is spray painted silver but its a generic one with a tranny cooler out of an automatic car. gonna post this in a thread. Thanks guys, -Zack.

You guys probably know where to look better than me on this site. I warned all the local and even some close but non local junkyards here in Washington. Prayer would be appreciated as well.

I'm in western wa , but will keep my eyes open .
Sorry for the violation !!!!
What year fender ?
Hope you get it back !!!
Jim

I'm in western wa , but will keep my eyes open .
Sorry for the violation !!!!
What year fender ?
Hope you get it back !!!
Jim

My fender is from a 1975 Duster, its painted black with a white arrow spray painted on the side of it. pretty specific. Thanks!

That stinks! Check Craigs list and call metal recycling places near you and have them keep an eye out for you.

Hoping any of it will pop up on the site is like hopin to find a needle in a haystack. Sorry for your troubles. I bet that harness wasn't cheap. I hope you find it all.

Definitely call metal recyclers, as quick as you can, especially if you think meth heads are involved; call the closest ones to you, and ask them if they can tell others that you might not know about.

All our scrap yards here take pictures of YOU and your LOAD and put it on file for this very reason.

I think this stuff was stolen by a Duster owner. If I were looking for scrap, I sure wouldnt grab a 20 lb fender. I would grab a high dollar item like a welder. Good luck, thieves suck. But if it was a meth head, he's already doomed for LIFE. My wifes teacher aunt died in a accident, she was a teacher. That night, one of her students (and her boyfriend) who worked at the hospital where she died broke into her house and stole **** after her shift. Can you believe that?

I think this stuff was stolen by a Duster owner. If I were looking for scrap, I sure wouldnt grab a 20 lb fender. I would grab a high dollar item like a welder. Good luck, thieves suck. But if it was a meth head, he's already doomed for LIFE. My wifes teacher aunt died in a accident, she was a teacher. That night, one of her students (and her boyfriend) who worked at the hospital where she died broke into her house and stole **** after her shift. Can you believe that?

That's messed up! Unfortunately I just recieved a call from the grant county sheriffs office. they found my stuff, and they only got a plate number from the culprits. My fender was cut into 3 parts and the radiator was cut apart as well. The harness I made to help my little disability is wrecked but the yard owners son went and pulled a perfectly good one for me free of charge. That's pretty cool of them I guess but I'm out quite a bit of cash I guess. My dad says our buddy down at Harrys radiator shop is going to look in his stock for a freebie for me as well. I guess I'm looking for another fender! as for my tools and bits they were cheap. The sherrif was guessing that they didn't take much else because its all bolted down. Anyways, thanks guys. Pray they catch the @$$hole!

Stuff like this just infuriates me.
Sorry you got violated. I, too hope they catch the SOB and makes him/them pay restitution.

A plate number should be good enough to nail them. As stupid as they were, I'm surprised they haven't been caught before this.

This really sucks. This type of crime is becoming more prevalent all the time. Up here the meth / crack heads steal anything they can pawn or scrap. We have a lot of oil related equipment, such as drilling rigs, that get their main power cables hacked off when they are stored! Copper is what they are after. The bastards cost companies hundreds of thousands of dollars just for a fix. I hope they catch your thieves, but unfortunately I doubt the punishment will be harsh enough to change their ways.

I lost over 20 grand worth of stuff from theft last year. Originally I'd thought it had to be by someone that was into cars. But it's very likely by someone that's going to sell it all of for scrap. They'll get a few hundred bucks for the stuff it took me years of hard work to buy and recondition. I can't afford to replace most of it. I never will. It's hard to keep from filling with absolute hate but I try to keep everything in perspective. It's not worth the value of my soul. But if they're ever caught I want them prosecuted to the full extent the law allows.

If someone on the forum is selling a fender I would be happy to chip in a couple bucks to ease the pain.

I had all the orginial stuff I took off my motor stolen and all of the orginial wheels and tires. They also got about 3000 worth of fishing equipment as well. I know how it feels and it sucks.

That sucks I know how it feels to have your stuff stolen.
I would also chip in to help you out on a fender

They obviously cut it up so they could use it as scrap (smaller pieces=easier transport)
I hate a thief with a passion. They have no regard for value (monetary OR sentimental) and view people as merely pockets to be picked...even their own families.
They view what they do as 'opportunism' rather than being morally and ethically wrong.
Most cannot or will not change their habits until they are caught..and then it was 'bad luck' or an unlucky break. Most freely admit if they weren't caught, they would have no qualms with continuing the status quo.
A 'fine' or misdemeanor jail time does not fix these scumbags. What DOES seem to work in many cases is for THEM to have something of value stolen from them, or to suffer severe consequences for their action (as in, getting the living **** kicked out of them by the rightful owner or a 'bad cop') I would have no trouble unleashing the dog on one of these asshats and would take my sweet time calling her off.
It's OUR stuff...keep your cotton-pickin' hands OFF it!
OK, rant over. I feel better now. Glad they found your stuff...even if it is messed up.
Press charges if they catch the bastards....

Drugs are bad.
I caught a guy red handed that stole two aluminum warner extension ladders from me.
County police talked to him, he gave up drug dealers names and they let him go.
I am still out the money for the ladders.

-
Back