Found this tool. What's it called? Who makes it?

-

hemi71x

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I was wandering around the local Pick-N-Pull wrecking yard this morning, at the start of their 50% off sale.
Found this "tool" on the front seat of a car that i was looking at, to pick over.
Never seen anything like this before.
A cool, nifty, neat, tool that easily fits in your pocket, when it's all folded up.
Anyway, what's it called? Who makes it? Anybody know?
Anybody see one before?
Thank's a lot.
Jim V.
hemi71x

Plyer Swiss Army Type 002 (Small).JPG

Plyer Swiss Army Type 004 (Small).JPG

Plyer Swiss Army Type 003 (Small).JPG

Last edited:
Holy S#&T.
Those things ain't cheap, by that manufacturer.
Wonder what the one that i found costs.
Somebody lost, forgot to pick, up an expensive, tool.

I call it my “american express tool”
Never leave home without it.
Think im on my 4 th one.
Lost 2, broke one.
Still a handy thing to have on my belt. Especially as a mechanic.
One i had, came with a file.
Had to get through a gate someone padlocked,otherwise a 2 hour trip back and 2 hours out again. So i filed it. 5 minutes.
Boss was impressed.

Snap On sells a nice multi tool. I ain't talkin about the one you can buy in O'Reilly, Autozone, Advance or Ace Hardware, either. I mean a NICE one. You're right too, they AIN'T cheap.

I have one by Klien Tools. I always called them multi tools.

I wonder why i never have come across anything like this before, in my lifetime, on top of this plant earth, and in the past, being professionally in the auto repair field?

Id call it more of a farm tool, Leatherman makes sense. I always laughed when they included linesman pliers in a car tool kit. So...did it fit nicely in the pocket on the way out? :lol:
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSQeJpIhkGQaktx5oenVQXCiq5lRFir2I5IpdkouIyEOK2kx68N.jpg

I have a leatherman in the glove box of all of my cars. I carry a small tool bag in whatever I’m driving the most, but having the leatherman at least gives me something to work with “just in case”.

They’re not really a “mechanics tool”, more of a general use tool. They’re definitely handy though!

The one you found looks like a Gerber made multi-tool, also a good brand. I suppose it could be a knock off as well.

I wonder why i never have come across anything like this before, in my lifetime, on top of this plant earth, and in the past, being professionally in the auto repair field?

Probably because like me, you always have the correct tool handy.
People at work have had those things.
I though I wanted one and had the wife/kids buy me one for Christmas long ago.
Found out it was better to have a real Phillips screwdriver when I need to take a screw out rather than mess with trying to turn one with that kind of thing.
Never carried the Gerber.
I've got too much weight on my belt already.
It's on a shelf in the office for when I need a knife quick.
Or maybe something else.
That's about it.

Has a lanyard ring on it for boat use.
Stainless.
No fancy handles like that one.
I can see that as the real use.

Gerber-that was what i was thinking too.
Thats a good brand too.
This Last one didnt lock the blades, i prefer locking blades.

Will have to see what the nap-on truck has for a multi tool

Just visited the nap-on site. No leatherman type tool. There are all kinds of snap-on licenced multi-tools, if its anything like the one given to me years ago, they arent snap on.
Wal-on. Think it came from wally world or costo...

Nothing he stole it go figure
C'mon now.
You ever go to a wrecking yard and find a tool, hammer,wrench, screwdriver, socket(s), whatever, and put it in your toolbox?
Then on the other hand, i have lost, forgotten, tools at wrecking yards, throughout the years, that others most likely found.
What an alter boy you must be.

I find tools in all kinds of places. On the street quite often.
I left a blue point hammer on a running board. Bought a new replacement to put back in boss’s toolbox. No sooner than i see the snap on trucks taillights, i find the lost hammer on the road a mile away. I figure it was there for 3 days. New one went in my box, okd one back in boss’s box.

Probably because like me, you always have the correct tool handy.
People at work have had those things.
I though I wanted one and had the wife/kids buy me one for Christmas long ago.
Found out it was better to have a real Phillips screwdriver when I need to take a screw out rather than mess with trying to turn one with that kind of thing.
Never carried the Gerber.
I've got too much weight on my belt already.
It's on a shelf in the office for when I need a knife quick.
Or maybe something else.
That's about it.

Has a lanyard ring on it for boat use.
Stainless.
No fancy handles like that one.
I can see that as the real use.

They’re definitely not a replacement for having the right tool.

But not everyone can carry a tool box full of tools with them everywhere they go. I think they’re a nice back up to have available so you can do some simple tasks, that way something silly doesn’t leave you dead in that water.

They’re not something I use if I’m working in my driveway, I just walk back to my toolbox. But if you’re out backpacking and need to tighten a fastener on your portable stove they can be useful. They make more specialized ones for bicycle repair which are handy for mountain biking. Or if you’re out on a drive and a wire pulls out of a connector or something you can rig something to get you home.

When I was a mechanic PVT, the Army graciously gave me a Kershaw multi-tool. It had a hacksaw blade and the pliers were actually like needle nose vice grips. Somewhere along the way I lost it, but after I had put many many hard miles on it. Great tool. Looking it up now, it’s an A100 and is somewhat of a collectors item

Where have u been? Those are old news, hords of them around for many, many yrs., I`ve got 2 or 3 and never use them. If I were going hunting ,camping I`d take one tho !

Huntin /camping
C2332FBE-1898-40FC-8283-F38F2E92225A.png

I had one of these as a kid.

They’re definitely not a replacement for having the right tool.

But not everyone can carry a tool box full of tools with them everywhere they go. I think they’re a nice back up to have available so you can do some simple tasks, that way something silly doesn’t leave you dead in that water.

They’re not something I use if I’m working in my driveway, I just walk back to my toolbox. But if you’re out backpacking and need to tighten a fastener on your portable stove they can be useful. They make more specialized ones for bicycle repair which are handy for mountain biking. Or if you’re out on a drive and a wire pulls out of a connector or something you can rig something to get you home.

"Dead in the water".

I get the pun. :lol:

I have several of them Iv had my good one it's a buck for about 20 years I have several cheaper ones in each of my cars and tool boxes

Last edited:
-
Back