found this video interesting.. 360 dyno testing.

-
Glad you discovered holdener. He has some very good content.
I asked him during the video why on the chassis dyno did the mod 360 make less than the stock engine under 3000 rpm but on the engine dyno it made more than stock under 3000 rpms, He only gave a quick guess of maybe torque converter. So who know :)

I’m sure the genius 273 has it on his thread, play list here and a screen shot pasted on his bedroom wall.

I asked him during the video why on the chassis dyno did the mod 360 make less than the stock engine under 3000 rpm but on the engine dyno it made more than stock under 3000 rpms, He only gave a quick guess of maybe torque converter. So who know :)
That was you! Cool

When you're put on the spot it's not always easy to formulate good answers. I thought his answer was pretty decent. In way he brushed it off because there could be a lot of reasons for that. One would need to ponder it for awhile to figure out all of the possible reasons.

It can be hard to get accurate numbers at full throttle and low rpm on a chassis dyno.

Interesting info in video. Some old low compression 360 2 bbl makes 330 torque or something. Then 4 bbl adds like 30 hp no loss in low end tq. At one point headers added 30 torque down low but not much difference at higher rpm.

Pretty easy to swap in decent compression pistons and have a fairly stout 360 mild cam stock heads bowl blended etc. Long throw crank torque.

If mopar would have offered a 360 from the factory with more compression it might have dethroned the 340 legend.

Even more interesting.. and no having to listen to Richard :)

4 inch crank in 318 block with trick flow 190 heads gave some impressive numbers. 318 blocks are boat anchors ppl give them away not worth building get a 360 and all that nonsense.

Its a lot of yap yap yap yap on and on and on but the info is pretty good. You just have to sit through the yap yap yap yap yap
Or just watch the original video of the dyno session and results, that's his live show for people to ask questions.

here's a couple more.

4 inch crank in 318 block with trick flow 190 heads gave some impressive numbers. 318 blocks are boat anchors ppl give them away not worth building get a 360 and all that nonsense.

I wish they just gave them away :) but they are super cheap... which is nice

Not a fan when people say it's 318 after stroking it.

well they also shouldn't call a .030 over 360 a 360 :)
This one had a bad day...

A normal over .020-.060" isn't big deal could say either, now if you bore a 318 into a 340 and act like it's a miracle that your 318 is acting like a 340 is a little different.

This isn't a freaking 318 vs. the world thread.

Just because it's no about a 318 doesn't mean it's anti-318.

No idea why you are being like that...i love 360s... i just posted a video i prefer with a dyno run and not non stop talk.. i like richard but sometimes... :) Just an opinion after all...

P.S. neither video i posted was a 318....

Interesting info in video. Some old low compression 360 2 bbl makes 330 torque or something. Then 4 bbl adds like 30 hp no loss in low end tq. At one point headers added 30 torque down low but not much difference at higher rpm.

Pretty easy to swap in decent compression pistons and have a fairly stout 360 mild cam stock heads bowl blended etc. Long throw crank torque.

If mopar would have offered a 360 from the factory with more compression it might have dethroned the 340 legend.
It would have power wise for sure
but still cast crank etc
should have also come with a bigger then the 340 cam
340 will always be the Baby Hemi
Forged crank full floating rods windage tray hp manifolds and 2.02s =big block killer

I was being facetious about 318 comment. As seen in that video the 4 inch crank trick flow head 318 block engine made 530 hp which is pretty impressive and some thing anyone with funds could build.

-
Back