Four Post Car Lift for a Garage.

-

dusty1

Reaction score
Does anyone have or could recommend a good deal and quality on a lift to park one car under another car? I have been shopping, but they are all the best when you call them about their product.

I can't remember,but maybe Tony's lifts are four post but I think maybe they are 2 post.See if he chimes in.8)

Yep, mine are 4 post.

They are Direct Lift
Home page
http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/

Here's the ones I have Pro Park 8S

http://www.gregsmithequipment.com/Direct-Lift-Pro-Park-8S-p/tppro-park8s.htm

Here's mine
I'm very happy with their lifts.

new341_Small_.jpg

lift004_Small_.jpg

lift003_Small_.jpg

Got my Bend Pak from ASEDeals.com , very good , no regrets....
Rotary also makes a very good lift , Maybe the best .
Gregsmithequipment.com also has some good deals .

Cuda and Mustang pics June 2007 019 resized.jpg

mine is a cytech, bought in 98 so I could lift the prowler to clean under it and like the lift, but wish I had ask more questions 1st.

I only have 13' ramps and my truck will not fit on it. It also does not have stopped equally spaced top stop to bottom stop, there is about a 2' section without stops.

My next lift will be bigger so it will lift my truck, will have stops equally spaced.

I have looked at Greg Smith (many different locations) and Complete Hydrulics (Franklin, IN). Both lifts are made in China, look as well built as my made in USA Cytech. Both claim shipping available.

A 4 post with a jack bridge in my opinion is the best way to go. Easy to drive on, with jack bridge you can lift off the ramps for brake / suspension work.

Decide what you need now and what you might want to put on later. 4 post need only 4" of concrete, don't need to be bolted down so easy to move (I have caster kit to move lift). For safety and if you have no need to move bolting to the floor would be best. If you want to move it out side in the summer then you can move it out (if your door is high enough)

It will be the best purchase in your shop, as we get older convience becomes more important.

When one leaks something all over another you'll wish you hadn't stacked them. Sorry but the ragtop on the bottom is just plain dumb.

When one leaks something all over another you'll wish you hadn't stacked them. Sorry but the ragtop on the bottom is just plain dumb.

Most all either come with drip trays that fit between the rails or they are an option.

The one I have looks just like the Direct Lift but is branded by the outfit that sells it.

Yes, mine came with drip trays. 3 for each lift. I've never had an issue
with dripping on the bottom car, and believe me my cars do drip!

Mine also came with a jack tray so getting the wheels up is no problem.

lift043_Small_.jpg

brakes04_Medium_.jpg

As an option I got a scissor jack that fits between the rails. It has extension arms so yo can pick the car up by the control arms or frame rails.

Mine looks exactly the same as Tony's. Works ok for occasional repair work or storage. Wouldn't want to use it professionally though (I know it's not made for it). Handy having wheels to move it when I want to. Came with 4 drip trays but the 911 ALWAYS goes on top for the winter. I think it's a great investment for any car guy. Kev

Just an update on my decision. I found one at naautoequipment.com . It was an XLT deluxe model. The big thing about it to me was that when it is full up it is 6' 5" under ramp clearance. I'm 6' 1". It is 8K capacity and extended length and width also. Hated to give up any more shop space but the extra it offered will probably be worth it more times than not. I got it with all options thrown in, drip pans, jack tray, ramps and casters, delivered for 2K$.
Should get it today out of Fort Worth. The excitement of anticipation is on. Thanks again for the help. Dusty1

I've seen a local guy had a 4 post unit that was on casters and you could roll it in the shop or on a good day it could be rolled outside when the weather permited. Not sure of the brand. I think that's what i will go with for my situation when i bite the bullet.
Small Block

I've seen a local guy had a 4 post unit that was on casters and you could roll it in the shop or on a good day it could be rolled outside when the weather permited. Not sure of the brand. I think that's what i will go with for my situation when i bite the bullet.
Small Block

My Bendpak was supposed to roll with a car on it (like in the Youtube video) but there is zero chance of that unless I get a forklift to tow it. It does roll ok w/o a car on it but you still need to lean into it pretty hard. I think they used the wrong type of casters.

-
Back