Four-Speed Pedal question

-

RAYS 69 MOPAR

Reaction score
I've heard that there's two different types of pedals please forgive me I'm new to four speeds I've heard of six cylinder and there is a V8 version if someone could please post pictures and label them for me thank you

Jeeze I sure hope not! I have the pedals from my /six and trying to use them behind my 273. Hope they will work! Will be watching here.

never heard that one. the pedals can change some what from years and models and I;'m told some will inter change. ???? I have dropped sb and bb into 4 speed slant cars, drove fine to me.

As far as I know, there are 3 different pedal types for A-bodies; early A, later A, and later A 340 pedals. The 340 pedals were just a modified later A pedal set; you can use it on any engine combination. I believe at one time Herb McCandless would modify later A non 340 pedals for you to 340 pedals for a fee.

In addition to the pedal stuff;
The items of change are the Z-bar, and the throw-out forks.
There are at least 2 different ratio Z-bars, that I have encountered,and several different forks; some ball-stud and some pivot bracket, some long and some short. I dont recall which belongs with what, except that the bellhouse and fork type have to be matched.
There are also several different anchor brackets for the zbars to the Bhouse, and again they are Bhouse specific.
I think the TO forks were clutch specific; one for the 9 incher and another for everything else.
I bet Brewers has all the info you might need.

there are heavy duty pedals and then there are pedals for an a-body.
the heavy duty has a pin that secures the over-center spring to the pedals and has a metal reinforcement around the spring.
the regular has a almost s-shaped thingamajig to hold the spring to the assembly. no metal reinforcement bolted to the pedal assembly
photos of my restored 1972 pedals by Passon Transmissions
have a spare HD pedal assembly if someone needs it.

Attachments

• IMG_1671.JPG restored pedal side view 2015.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1672.JPG retored clutch pedals from Passon 2015.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 274
high performance cars used bearings and slope cars used plastic bushings . that is the only difference other than years.

67Dart273,

Thank you for the link. I was going to take some photos and attach, but I sold my non-340 pedals and kept my 340 pedals and early-A pedals so I could modify the early-A pedals to match. Thanks to Oldmanmopar, I don't need to dig through my parts stash to show the differences.

-
Back