Frame connectors

-

AdamR

Big Member
Reaction score
What kind are you using ? Did you make them yourself or buy a set ?
Im looking for a set of weld in connectors that go threw the floor pans.

Bought a set of the Mopar Performance Bolt-ins. Thought I would bolt 'em into place and then weld 'em.

I didn't think about the fact that my folding rear seat car has the same torque boxes as a covertible........so they don't fit.

Shoulda made the damn things from scratch...that's what I get for doin' things the "easy" way. :lol:

Maybe I should check and see if my car has the torque boxes also. I never noticed them. I also have a fold down seat.

Wouldn't hurt to check. I have been told that all of the Dusters/Dart Sports with the folding seat were built with the torque boxes on the spring perches to make up for the fact that the bracing behind the rear seat is deleted. I dunno if that applies to the A cudas as well.

Frankly I have a hard time seeing the relationship between the two different re-enforcments, but - that's what I have told. Seems to be true on at least every folding seat car I have looked at since.

Not A Duster said:
Bought a set of the Mopar Performance Bolt-ins. Thought I would bolt 'em into place and then weld 'em.

I didn't think about the fact that my folding rear seat car has the same torque boxes as a covertible........so they don't fit.

Shoulda made the damn things from scratch...that's what I get for doin' things the "easy" way. :lol:
340 4 speed Swinger had the torque boxes... Made the bolt in ones fit, then welded them. Hammered floor to meet connectors. Stood on the floor while buddy welded floor to connectors.

I've got the Mopar bolt-ins that I welded in.

Made them from 2"x3" square tubing that I bought from a local steel yard. Total cost was about $35, including a couple of 1/4" 6"x6" plates, which were cut up and welded fore to the torsion bar crossmembers and aft to the frame rails. It took about 3 hours including 2 coats of POR15.

Bought a set from Mancini, think they are from Mopar. They do not tuck up tight into the floor, small gap. Since i don't know how to weld or even have a garage i had my nephew weld them in. Might fit tighter under floor if i could have ground the top of them at the rear subframe. Definetly feels stiffer in the suspension and handling.

Welcome aboard ! :thumrigh:

I ended up buying the MP bolt ins. Ill have them welded in too.

sickt7cuda said:
Made them from 2"x3" square tubing that I bought from a local steel yard. Total cost was about $35, including a couple of 1/4" 6"x6" plates, which were cut up and welded fore to the torsion bar crossmembers and aft to the frame rails. It took about 3 hours including 2 coats of POR15.
<----- what he said.... I had the bolt in ones.... Didnt work very well in a dragcar, Done several with the 2x3 square box tubing.... Works great!!!

i have the chassis engineering weld ins that fit right up to the subframes. i still have to put them in, but it looks like i just have to clean the metal, and then weld them on three sides.

my buddy made mine. He used the 2x3 tuning throught the floor and then made perch to mount a roll cage turned out petty nice.

This is my second set of homemade connectors that will be welded in. I am using 2"X3" box tubing and tying them into my homemade parallel 4-Link cross member. Should help stiffen it up transfer the load when I launch all of the way to the front of the car. Poor Boy inginuity.

I just realized this thread is like 5 years old. Oooops.

Laying them down makes so much sense, and lapping them over the rear rails does also,
This will happen for the missile momentarily.
Andrew

-
Back