Frame Connectors

-
4 door frame connectors?

Did they send you a set for a Dart/scamp which was the 111" WB vs the Duster/Demon/Dart Sport 108" models?

The floor pans are the same for all the cars, 2 door, 4 door, 108 or 111" wb.

Too bad you aren't closer, I could get you fixed up adjusting those connectors for you.:cheers:

I stand corrected...I think they are for 111" wheelbase. Thanks for clarifying Crackedback.

Well I got my connectors today. Test fit them. Looks like they should fit. There is only one thing though. My cart has torque box's on it so I could not get them up there all the way. I don't know I think I am going to have to remove the torque box's put the connectors on, then reinstal the torque box's. What do you think?

Why would some one put on torque box's but not connectors?
Did some cars come with torque box's from the factory?

I've seen guys slit the torque box to get connectors in.

Go to Resto-Rick's site. I think he has some pics of his approach.

crackedback, Thank you for the info.

About the torque boxs. Did the factory put them on A bodys?
I think they put them on Hemi cars so I was thinking they may have put them on 340 A bodys too? Any one out there know about this?

crackedback, Thank you for the info.

About the torque boxs. Did the factory put them on A bodys?
I think they put them on Hemi cars so I was thinking they may have put them on 340 A bodys too? Any one out there know about this?

Yes the factory put them on A bodies. Generally HP 4 spd A bodies got them.

I have them on a 70 Swinger 340 4 spd and 71 Duster 340 auto. No boxes on a 70 Duster 340 Auto car.

Another way to install them might be to take the ear off the connector that runs along the box side rail. Tie that edge into the horizontal part of the rail. Maybe put a couple of plug welds on the two remaining sides.

I got mine from US Car Tool as well and notched the torque boxes to slide the flange inside. They fit nice and should work well.

connector resize 1.jpg

connector resize 2.jpg

connector resize 3.jpg

Nice Boxer.. I'm sold on those. Once welded they will be stronger than any box or round tube (unless the box protrudes through the floorpan and is welded, which I'm not big on for a street car)

Grant

So what is the bottom line here? Are the Mancinni weld in connectors as good as the US Car tool ones?

I would say from strongest to weakest would be
2X3 box welded through the floor boards

US CarTool welded to the bottom of the floors

Then the Mopar Perf/Mancini connectorAny of them will be a big step up from no frame connectors though.

If you have any skill build your own. I use 2"x3" tube and cope them to fit the floot boards. Use a cardboard(beer carton)template to get the fit right. and then weld em in. Take out the carpet though. That nylon stinks.

You guys think these are strong enuff for a stock 383 mild cam bout 400hp give i have a home made job bolted and welded (nice job)

You guys think these are strong enuff for a stock 383 mild cam bout 400hp give i have a home made job bolted and welded (nice job)

Yes! Tieing them to the rockers via torque boxes will make the car even stronger.

No offence to the guys who didnt do this. If it had been me I woulda drilled out all the torque box spot welds,installed the frame rails and then reinstalled the tq boxes. Lots of extra work.

If you have a real torque monster,you could always weld in an X brace between the rails.

The guy I bought my duster had a welding shop fab some up for it about 15yrs. ago. They look similar to the us cartool connectors except they dont contour the floorpans. The cartool ones look like a quality product & I like the fact they contour the floor.

I welded mine in on the Demon but not to the floor boards and they are plenty strong enough for my 383 that ain't even close to stock.

Terry

These guys at A.R.T. are the greatest!

We'll soon have at least 1 of *all* their products

for A-bodies on one or more of our lil' Mopars!

They've been the *originators* of these products,

and doing it far longer than anyone else in the Mopar world.

http://www.autorust.com/chart-a.html --- 8)

-
Back