frame off restoration 79 lil red express for sale

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks gents. NICE picture Joe.

To continue;

I should have stated the first question better and came up with something like;

How was the frame? Etc..... Rather than how did it come off. And assume the rest would be answered.

Price lowered to $40,000 . Cant find edit button. Yes cab and bed off frame restoration. Nose, cab and bed were removed, stripped of all removeable parts. all body parts media blasted including empty cab shell with no glass in it. We ensured we removed all the rust we could get at this way. Looking thru the access holes into the cab rocker panels, there was no rust inside these either. This is a solid truck not a bondo buggy. We purchased a new hood, as the original was too damaged to work with.

As far as removal and installation, we stripped the cab out while on the frame, removed rear fenders and tailgate from the bed, with 4 peoole we lifted the bed and walked it off the frame, ditto with the stripped out cab. Reassembled the same way, walked it back onto the frame as a painted stripped cab, bolted it down, and reassembled . The cab is pretty light when its empty. 4 people can easily lift it and walk it off the frame.

Frame was sanded down, then we used eastwoods coatings, and painted gloss black, all brake and fuel lines are stainless steel reproductions. Everything has been taken apart, gone thru, either rebuilt or replaced. No stone left unturned.

My dad has pix of all aspects of the restoration. Sure there a few things that arent "correct" for it to be a 100point restoration, we werent going to go nuts for date coded hoses, belts, plug wires, or install the carter thermoquad gas dumper on it. Currently has a carter 625 afb. Gets 18 highway. These things are pretty minor as the rest of it is correct.

my dad still wants to sell this truck. he stated he has about $45,000 in it, we left no bolts unturned on this restoration, i realize theres a few things with the truck that are incorrect, but all in all its a nice super clean restoration. my dad says no reasonable offer refused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back