Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Glass is kinda like aligning doors roof fenders etc. Almost a maroon color on that gem there. My 68 was eggshell with close to that for the interior. Hard to decode em now. I appreciate the +71 way more from this build. Motor on up!

Glass is kinda like aligning doors roof fenders etc. Almost a maroon color on that gem there. My 68 was eggshell with close to that for the interior. Hard to decode em now. I appreciate the +71 way more from this build. Motor on up!
A lot harder aligning glass on a hard top than a post but like you said like fitting a door. Took me a few to remember how mostly on the 1/4 glass it's been a long time.

A lift will change your life, man. I'm telling ya. Got mine used and there was other places I was gonna spend that cash, but man I can't say I ever spent money more wisely. Really speeds things up and saves your body.

Car's looking awesome!
A lift? I'd be happy with a slab of concrete and jac . Stands haha. I really need a garage bad. This working outside stuff sucks rolling around in the grass and mud and having to wait for weather conditions to be right. I would love to be indoors where I can work day or night rain or shine haha

A lift? I'd be happy with a slab of concrete and jac . Stands haha. I really need a garage bad. This working outside stuff sucks rolling around in the grass and mud and having to wait for weather conditions to be right. I would love to be indoors where I can work day or night rain or shine haha

True dedication !
Ask ur plumber friends for hot water heater boxes , to lay on , then throw them away when they get messed up.
A lift would be great !
7 ft. ceiling in my garage tho.

View attachment 1715503973 Waiting for muffler clamps and hangers so put my side glass in today after having them tinted and scratched the tint on both door glass trying to install them. Gonna have to redo them so pored me a drink and gonna go cook dinner and see if I can't screw that up as well. :BangHead:

Speaking of hangars , I `ve got a bunch of unused 3'' hangars if anybody needs some !

Been there most of my life dartfreak like you said lying in mud trying to work on cars so now that I'm old I finally have a heated shop and am so happy. I spend most of my day in the shop.

True dedication !
Ask ur plumber friends for hot water heater boxes , to lay on , then throw them away when they get messed up.
A lift would be great !
7 ft. ceiling in my garage tho.
Yea I usally use pizza boxes car part boxes feed sacks anything to get out of the mud hahaha. The other day I had like 4 pizza boxes lined up I was laying on and went inside to grab a drink and came out and they were gone I was like what the heck? Looked in the bottom of the yard my dog had drug them off and was stuffing them in his dog house haha. I have this one dog that is very mischievous
(The black one) and he is alway dragging my stuff off I was welding one and took off my glove long enough to grab a brush and went to put my glove back on it was gone. I was like wtf where could it have went in 2 seconds somehow max had it. I have no idea how he got it without me seeing him tho. Lol

Yea I usally use pizza boxes car part boxes feed sacks anything to get out of the mud hahaha. The other day I had like 4 pizza boxes lined up I was laying on and went inside to grab a drink and came out and they were gone I was like what the heck? Looked in the bottom of the yard my dog had drug them off and was stuffing them in his dog house haha. I have this one dog that is very mischievous
(The black one) and he is alway dragging my stuff off I was welding one and took off my glove long enough to grab a brush and went to put my glove back on it was gone. I was like wtf where could it have went in 2 seconds somehow max had it. I have no idea how he got it without me seeing him tho. Lol
Off topic but lol! I have a plumbing business and a load of water heater boxes just for outside work. I have 2 garages that i rent but they are packed and only 1 space for work there. I tend to do bodywork etc outside because of all the dust. Under carriage especially. Losing bolts in the stones suck.
Also my neighbor had a dog that would always sneak over and steal tools, parts, rakes, etc... I was putting shocks on and turned around to grab the new 1 and it was gone. Looked at the neighbors yard and that thief dragged it right to his garage.

I still use cardboard instead of a creeper, I have a nice creeper but like the cardboard better.

Off topic but lol! I have a plumbing business and a load of water heater boxes just for outside work. I have 2 garages that i rent but they are packed and only 1 space for work there. I tend to do bodywork etc outside because of all the dust. Under carriage especially. Losing bolts in the stones suck.
Also my neighbor had a dog that would always sneak over and steal tools, parts, rakes, etc... I was putting shocks on and turned around to grab the new 1 and it was gone. Looked at the neighbors yard and that thief dragged it right to his garage.
Wait your not my neighbor are you? Haha that sounds alot like my dog haha

I used to use one when I had long hair and kept running over it. Switched to cardboard and never went back. LOL
I worked with a guy with a long braided pony tail. Funny **** watching him trying to free himself from the creeper while his head is pinned to it.

I worked with a guy with a long braided pony tail. Funny **** watching him trying to free himself from the creeper while his head is pinned to it.
Got my exhaust in and started it up. sounds good not to loud.
Charlie I'll try to send you a video on your phone.

What about the rest of us?
Can't send it email I tried to long I'll cut it down and try again.
Some of us sent each other our e mail address and stay in touch with videos. you can join if you want. PM me and anyone else that wants to and will send you mine. I like seeing everyone's toys and get some good funnies from some of the guys.

Guys post video's and cars running, burnouts etc and I never figured how to send 1. I can record em tho. My car is so loud it sounds like static on the video's but it is obnoxious to stand next to it or in it running. I did the x pipe with 1' thrush glasspacs 2-1/2 out the back. Thought about changing that out right away but its kind of fun to blast the crap out of anything I pass on the street. Somehow they seem to do something on u tube then post it i believe. If you figure it out, let us old farts know so we can do it too. Haha...

20191226_185032.jpg

Guys post video's and cars running, burnouts etc and I never figured how to send 1. I can record em tho. My car is so loud it sounds like static on the video's but it is obnoxious to stand next to it or in it running. I did the x pipe with 1' thrush glasspacs 2-1/2 out the back. Thought about changing that out right away but its kind of fun to blast the crap out of anything I pass on the street. Somehow they seem to do something on u tube then post it i believe. If you figure it out, let us old farts know so we can do it too. Haha...

View attachment 1715504979
What are you running for an engine? post some pictures here if you can. I like pictures.

-
Back