Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Yeah, that was a cold one, tequila sunrise, Seagram's 7 & 7 and tequila straight up. We stayed at a Drury Inn where you get three drinks per person free. Well my wife doesn't drink much and I feel it's my duty to help her out as much as I can, so needless to say I don't have much trouble falling asleep at night when we're on the road, lol.
On the road? if you don't mind me asking why and if you get this far on the road you got a place to stay and will both drink what your wife doesn't but will do some steaks and have a good time.

On the road? if you don't mind me asking why and if you get this far on the road you got a place to stay and will both drink what your wife doesn't but will do some steaks and have a good time.
I'd sure like to do that sometime. Maybe after I get my covid shots and things settle down a bit with this crap we could do it. I think we we should be able to do some car shows this year when things start to get better.

20210130_162603.jpg
Front spoiler mold is done and got more resin so tomorrow I should have a spoiler or a pile of trash I guess will find out real soon.

20210206_105209.jpg
20210206_105344.jpg
Built some brackets to hold it on and still got a few things to do mostly just cleaning it up.
Not perfect but I like it and will never really see it.

I still have a mold if you want one I know you can build brackets or just come over with your Scamp and will make you one here.
Thanks much for the offer. I've got a few mechanical bugs to work out before Rhonda's gonna be road Worthy. We gotta get out of this deep freeze first. I'm going to put that in my memory bank though. Lol

20210305_140010.jpg
20210305_140109.jpg
Not a hood scoop that came on a Scamp but it is a factory scoop for a Duster or Demon that I repaired after years of abuse.
And is functional on my car now.
Not sure yet if I want to flat black part of the hood yet but I have lots of time to deiced.
Cheers guys retired and can sip some Bourbon before 5 and think about what's next. :)

Looking good Fred. I like the scoop and being functional, it will let heat out and cool air in. Have a sip for me. Make it like YOU want it.
I vote flat black hood! ha

Looking good Fred. I like the scoop and being functional, it will let heat out and cool air in. Have a sip for me. Make it like YOU want it.
I vote flat black hood! ha
Gonna decide some day my friend what to do. lol
Hope all is getting better down your way.

Gonna decide some day my friend what to do. lol
Hope all is getting better down your way.
We got our well going last Sat., but many thousands in Houston and else where with busted pipes. There is NO PVC pipe and few fittings anywhere. We were lucky with just one outside pipe busted. And yes it was insulated adams apple to asshole too, but there is no such thing down here a for a frost free hydrant.
Luckily Sleepy Joe brought a truck load of blankets on his trip down other day, but then again it was 70 degress. Go figure???

We got our well going last Sat., but many thousands in Houston and else where with busted pipes. There is NO PVC pipe and few fittings anywhere. We were lucky with just one outside pipe busted. And yes it was insulated adams apple to asshole too, but there is no such thing down here a for a frost free hydrant.
Luckily Sleepy Joe brought a truck load of blankets on his trip down other day, but then again it was 70 degress. Go figure???
Sorry sounds like it will take some time before all is back in shape down there.

beg to differ , they do make a 2ft bury frost proof hydrant , that can be burried deeper ---------------just sayin----------

Yes I have used the hydrants back in Mo for 37years. I would have to order one on line and pay shipping to get it in S E Texas. Silly $. I just cut ff the cracked piece and fixed it. 4 outside and 1 broke. Next time in W Tx I will try to remember to get one or 2 or 3 or 4!!

Kind of a boring day I waxed my car again! and made some pistol grip dip stick holder thingy's
I think I need another car to fix up before I destroy this one. lol
20210306_195211.jpg
20210306_195119.jpg

Man, you have some talent! All of your work on the car and plane is just awesome, Joe

Thanks for the nice comments guys and not perfect but good enough.
I think Y13 has a good idea I need to find a 73 dodge truck to restore next if I can afford to do another.

-
Back