Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Thanks for the nice comments guys and not perfect but good enough.
I think Y13 has a good idea I need to find a 73 dodge truck to restore next if I can afford to do another.
Just great work Fred all the way around! Looking forward to seeing ya next week. That BV still has your name on it!

[/QUOTE]Not a hood scoop that came on a Scamp but it is a factory scoop for a Duster or Demon that I repaired after years of abuse. And is functional on my car now.
Not sure yet if I want to flat black part of the hood yet but I have lots of time to deiced.
Cheers guys retired and can sip some Bourbon before 5 and think about what's next. :)[/QUOTE]
Looks great Fred, good work

Yo Fred, weather is an icy mess over here. Does it make sense to push back until weather straightens out a bit? Should be a lot nicer here in a couple weeks. Just not sure what kind of commitment you have with your boys. I am good either way. Roads are a hot mess here.

Yo Fred, weather is an icy mess over here. Does it make sense to push back until weather straightens out a bit? Should be a lot nicer here in a couple weeks. Just not sure what kind of commitment you have with your boys. I am good either way. Roads are a hot mess here.
OK no commitment with the boys I'll wait till it's cleaned up down there before I come down. Thanks for letting me know, I don't want to drive in that.

This is her WTF Fred look!
We will still be here Fred, no worries! Lots of snow melted today. It is just a soggy mess today.

00952D6A-2CDF-4931-A3BF-70E7A1D334F9.jpeg

This is her WTF Fred look!
We will still be here Fred, no worries! Lots of snow melted today. It is just a soggy mess today.

View attachment 1715706052
She's giving that bite me kinda look I think, and I best make it up to her. A nice raw Rib Eye should make up for my absents or at least give me a head start for the door. lol

Carpeted the trunk today and glad that's out of the way before I get to old to climb in the trunk.
Cheap carpet but looks good enough for me.
20210318_141654.jpg

-1012359812445644544.jpg
Been sometime since I posted anything but here she is all done at a car show with over 4,000 miles on her and only problem was I toasted my tranny after about 2,000 miles but was my fault I didn't have the kick down linkage set right. I drove her to Minneapolis and back this summer that is 1,000 miles in some real hot temps and no over heating. Front QA1 suspension is holding an alignment just fine. No exhaust leaks and the Gear Vendor overdrive has been working great. Had a few rattles but nothing serious and can't say enough good about the Blue Print engine, I love it, great power and holding a tune just fine.
I'm a happy camper and thanks all for your support in getting my first restoration on the road.

Real world miles...... Would you do the GV again or go in a different direction? Car looks awesome and it's great to see someone put the work in and then go enjoy it.....

JW

Real world miles...... Would you do the GV again or go in a different direction? Car looks awesome and it's great to see someone put the work in and then go enjoy it.....

JW
Thanks JW I'm gonna drive it and enjoying it.
Gear Vendor I would do again might not be the cheapest way to go but I'm happy. If you lived a tad bit closer I'd let you drive it and see what you think.

Thanks JW I'm gonna drive it and enjoying it.
Gear Vendor I would do again might not be the cheapest way to go but I'm happy. If you lived a tad bit closer I'd let you drive it and see what you think.

Oh dear, it's too nice for me to drive lol.... Ask the guy who owned that 70 Monte Carlo I was working on when a deer ran into it....

What impressed me about the GV is when I was at the Dragweek event near me. Most of the 6 second and now 5 second cars have them. That must be one tough unit...

JW

Oh dear, it's too nice for me to drive lol.... Ask the guy who owned that 70 Monte Carlo I was working on when a deer ran into it....

What impressed me about the GV is when I was at the Dragweek event near me. Most of the 6 second and now 5 second cars have them. That must be one tough unit...

JW
LOL yea deer are a pain around here as well.
I think if I remember they can handle 2,000 HP but the down side is they don't like being used to slow a car down under compression when engaged and you will toast them if you try to leave them in overdrive in reverse.

-
Back