fredsmedina Intro

-

fredsmedina

6 Dart 7 MOPAR OR NOCAR
Reaction score
okay so i bought my dart a couple months ago for $1500. it had a fresh rebuilt 318 which was very attractive . and thought it'd be just a front end rebuild and fix a little trunk rust and i'd have a good driver. but then on the way home, the tranny crapped out. so now i've bought a TCI 727. since i'm replacing the tranny, i decided to also swap out my small 7.25 rear end. so i bought my 8.75 rear with 3.23 sure grip gears. so...now after spending about 2 grand between the tranny and rear end, i'm waiting til i have money for the leaf springs and other various stuff. also, whilei was doing all this work under the car, i realized that the rear shocks were rubbing on the gas tank. so i did some research, and found out the idiot who owned the car before me put in the wrong gas tank. which means i'll be spending another 200 bucks on an OEM replacement tank. once i finish the tranny and rear end, i've still got to do my front end rebuild!

i want to be driving my dart sooo bad! cant wait til i am done. i've never swapped a rear end, or tranny before, and all of this stuff i'm doing is new to me!

i'm currently goin to college at Sac State, so as money and time allow, i'll be building up my dart. lol.

the other car that is my dads is a 74 charger SE. it was my grandparents car since 1975. it is bone stock! besides new centerlines. me and my dad rebuilt a motor to throw in that car, and just haven't finished the rebuild yet. but the charger has been my daily driver for the last few months, until last weeked when some wiring fried and i had to have the car towed home.

so..unfortunately, neither of my mopars will be at MOPAR MAGIC which is just 2 weeks away!!

sorry for writing so much guys..

IMG00050.jpg

IMG00055.jpg

IMG00049.jpg

IMG00110.jpg

IMG00135.jpg

IMG00133.jpg

IMG00134.jpg

IMG00139.jpg

Welcome to the site, nice cars! Don't worry about typing too much or asking questions, we are here to help! Sounds like the Dart is a decent project to start, good luck!

thanks i'm pretty excited about the dart. it's only a 318. but by the time that's done it'll be bulletproof and set up for the strip!

this forum has helped me soo much in the past. my fellow mopar enthusiasts. ha

Welcome aboard. Dad's car is real nice. I have allways liked those.

Your Dart needs a bit more heater hose and a whole lot less rubber fuel line. Keep at it, it'll pay off once you sort things out.

Welcome to FABO. Sounds like your starting the car hobby in a fast way.
Great looking Charger, and looks like a solid Dart.

When I bought my Cuda in April of 1991, I had a few plans too. "Oh, it just needs ..." and that list just kept getting longer and longer. And it's still not done! But it'll get there.

And so will yours. :-D

Welcome to the best Mopar site on the net where you can feed your addiction, learn more than you ever expected, and hang out with the finest crew there is. You'll be right at home in no time.

Welcome to the forums Fred! Don't worry about writing too much, especially with your experiences re-building the Dart. We love that stuff! And if you have a problem or question, don't hesitate to ask. We have some really pleasant and informed members here.

And as for the "domino theory" of fixing one thing that leads to fixing another thing, well.... that's the hobby! Rarely does one project get completed without creating another.

Hang in there and post away!

Fred, again welcome to FABO! As you can see, I moved your intro out of the other member's intro so you could have your own.

BTW: I received your email re: the benchseat. Too bad it was all ready sold. I could have used it.

thanks dartwagon. i'm in elk grove. so very close! i definitely might be able to use some help sometime. i have never done any of the stuff that i'm planning on doing befor, so all this work is all new to me!

Welcome aboard...don't worry about writting to much, we are all car guys (and gals) and love reading about A bodies. Good luck with your Dart

-
Back