Free 6al and distributor?

-

doogievlg

Reaction score
My dad took his msd 6al box and blaster coil and distributor off his mustang. Right now it's sitting on the bench in our garage and was curious if it would be worth swapping out my mopar electronic ignition and mp distributor for. Last year I was having issues with my car cutting out at the top end of the track and thought it may be spark related. Keep in mind this is free so any improvement will be a reason!

.30 over 360
Flat top pistons
Eddie aluminum heads
Mp .484 cam
Performer rpm intake
Holley 750
3000 stall converter

I can't see adding the MSD box and coil as being a problem, the dizzy, will it fit?

Can't hurt to try.

You said it's free. I'll take it.

Free, well that's probably the absolute best way to get them!

the box and coil is a simple installation. You should have it in in 20 mins, and I highly recommend an ignition box over the factory mopar stuff. I never had any luck with it, and the benefits of a box i feel are endless over the OE stuff.

I'm going to assume you know the distributor from a ford is not going to work in your car. That being said, there is nothing wrong with your MP distributor. The only electronic component in it is the pickup coil. I still have a MP distributor in my race car (With an MSD coil and 6AL) , hasn't had a problem with 7000 RPM or 600 HP yet :)

I'm going to check to make sure the box has the rev limiter. If it doesn't I'll still throw it on but probably save up for one with the rev limiter.

-
Back