Free cam build...

-
How about putting all the build specifics/highlights in one post now that it’s sitting on the dyno.
I would have to think about that… the thing got put together over about 4 years… it was originally getting W9 heads but they went in a suitcase to Australia…what’s in your carry on sir… one tooth brush and 2 cylinder heads Mr Customs…

Cam broke in…inner valve springs installed…150psi comp across all…

IMG_2571.jpeg

It’s off the dyno and in one piece…. It hit the number I was looking for…power starts to drop after 6500 but it keeps pulling rpm

Patiently waiting to see the build details, too... Great job!
X2

I scrolled through the thread, about all I saw (besides the cam card in the first post) was Shocker heads, 340 block, 4 inch crank, debate around 12:1 compression, and associated potential for custom pistons.

Howsabout CID, actual compression, intake, carb, rockers (with ratio), intake valve size, headers, rods (maybe you threw in Chevy rods?), other cool stuff you might have done?

Thanks, and I know it was a long time in the making, with a lot of initial resistance, nice job gittin er dun!!!

Okay I will try to put up build details…keep in mind in the four years I have been ASSembling this thing I also did 3 small block Chevys and a 4.3 v6 for my other projects so may have a few missing bits….

340 block bored 40
4 inch scat forged crank
Mopar main caps used
Scat I beam rods with the upgraded bolts stock length
SRP pistons with I think 10cc dish. Around 10.75 compression
Kevco oil pan no tray or scrapper
Howard’s lifters With oil hole
The internets favourite cam

That about covers the bottom end…

I love it when the forum negative nancys are put to bed. Nice job.

Good numbers for 418 inches with 10-3/4:1, looks like it would be a thriller on the street with the right gears and converter!

What fuel was used on the dyno?
Just 91 pump from the nearest gas station… I was going to try some fuel with oxygen when we got stuck at 594hp for 4 pulls in a row….

-
Back