Free cam build...

-
Okay my 360 is off the Dyno so I should likely pull this back out….I recently picked up some caps from member Rocket for the 340 block I got…

This thread almost makes me want this cam…LOL

Funny you mentioned it… when my friend finishes tuning his W8 pro charger combo this week on the dyno I will push this dust collector on next….it ended up with some Promaxx heads instead of the W9s…. I’ll see if I can find some pictures

#1 shop dust collector….

IMG_2362.jpeg

IMG_2363.jpeg

The W8 pro charger engine is still on the dyno….so everyone’s favourite free cam build likely won’t be tested until January….

What kind of numbers is it making?!?! Or, is it not the sharing kind of info…
It is making close to 1600 hp… not sure if they are looking for more peak as much as they are fine tuning it….it came off the dyno last night and will likely get put back on in a few weeks once the owner checks out the bearings/springs ect….My guess is it should make 2000hp if you pushed it a bit but you could be entering part’s breaking territory at that level….

IMG_2371.jpeg

It is making close to 1600 hp… not sure if they are looking for more peak as much as they are fine tuning it….it came off the dyno last night and will likely get put back on in a few weeks once the owner checks out the bearings/springs ect….My guess is it should make 2000hp if you pushed it a bit but you could be entering part’s breaking territory at that level….

View attachment 1716181213
Friggin sweet!!!

Inquiring minds want to know…….. was the engine assembled with the free Crane cam?

Are the heads the reworked Shockers from the other thread?

Inquiring minds want to know…….. was the engine assembled with the free Crane cam?

Are the heads the reworked Shockers from the other thread?
Sorry I missed your post…it is in fact the free cam bottom end with the shocker top end… I just picked up a new msd distributor for it this week so it will be on the dyno the next time there is an opening….

Free cam= budget build!
I have a question about this cam, it's just a question so please don't blow a headgasket. Here we go, mopars have coil bind at .520 lift correct? Wouldn't a cam with this much lift require both longer valves and springs, pushrods too? Unless someone has cylinder heads set up for this there goes the term budget build right out the window.

I think you might be thinking about stock small block magnum heads having coil bind at .520 lift….hopefully it doesn’t blow a head gasket…

IMG_2563.jpeg

I had forgotten about this build. Glad you’re finishing it up and posting. What are you hoping for hp wise? I guess a better question is what will you be disappointed with?

I had forgotten about this build. Glad you’re finishing it up and posting. What are you hoping for hp wise? I guess a better question is what will you be disappointed with?
My friend ran the specs on his David Vizard software program and it spit out 585hp…. If it doesn’t make that I can always sell the cam and recoup my money….

How about putting all the build specifics/highlights in one post now that it’s sitting on the dyno.

No leaks and the push rods are all spinning….so we have hope…

IMG_2564.jpeg

-
Back