Free cam build...

-
Well rockers will something I have to source...plus figuring out the push rod oiling with the solid lifter cam...

You can buy the Crane Pro Series or maybe even the Ultra Pro's with pushrod oiling. Maybe even get them with bushings. I'm sure a rower has some nice lifters too.

I was told only Jesel and T&D make the rockers for these heads...

I was told only Jesel and T&D make the rockers for these heads...

That's correct...I was talking lifters. The Crane Ultra Pro lifters for pushrod oiling is part number 69550-16. If you are going to use an R block with tall lifter bores then you need 69554-16.

That's correct...I was talking lifters. The Crane Ultra Pro lifters for pushrod oiling is part number 69550-16. If you are going to use an R block with tall lifter bores then you need 69554-16.

The free cam is a flat tappet piece.

Dammit. Lost my mind.

Disregard everything I typed.

I gave away a set of resurfaced solid lifters for pushrod oiling. Too bad I didn't keep them, as I would have given them 67.
I’m assuming I use AMC lifters like when you put Magnum heads on an LA block

Sounds like the “free cam” build is gonna get expensive.
Like a certain candidates 1.5 trillion "Free Health care" plan. Use the word free and its all ears..aka ..hook , line.. n sinker.

It'll make good power for what it is i bet. Put a less than ideal cam under a decent set of 'middle of the road' competition heads and it will make power..if I'm thinking the heads are what I think they are....otherwise itll be an Ironmike all over again.
I'm thinking the heads are the real star and the cam's a has been reduced to clumsy sidekick. A steimy.

AMC lifters are .904 diameter and have pushrod oiling capabilty, the standard Chrysler solids don't have PR oiling.
So let me understand
If you dont do shaft oiling you would need to do pushrod oiling - correct?
Do aftermarket heads do shaft oiling?
Thanks in advance

So let me understand
If you dont do shaft oiling you would need to do pushrod oiling - correct?
Thanks in advance
They are either setup for LA oiling or MAGNUM style push rod oiling.
You can do both if the heads are LA style. If you arent sure which you want to use.. just get an LA oiling style head and you can use on both with the addition of oil through lifters and push rods.

So do, some don’t.
Like almost everything else in hot rodding......”it depends”.

The W9’s the OP is planning on using for this build don’t use stock LA oiling.
So, the choices are PR oiling or spray bar oiling.

I would guess that headers may not be something that the local speedy mart has in stock...

Doesn’t look like a set of Super Comps is gonna fit......

764C86E9-6658-4F24-852B-038221E11C70.png

OK you got me with the AMC lifters
What is the difference with AMC vs SBM ?

One is AMC the other Mopar. AMC engines oil through the pushrods like a GM. Mopar oils through the block into the heads and into the rocker shafts. Like a Mopar. lol Not bein smart, that's the best way I know to say it.

What do you think is the better option for pistons...order custom or buy off the shelf stroker pistons and cut the valve reliefs for the W9 valve angle?

So do, some don’t.
Like almost everything else in hot rodding......”it depends”.

The W9’s the OP is planning on using for this build don’t use stock LA oiling.
So, the choices are PR oiling or spray bar oiling.

Push rod oiling it will be...if I have to go spray bar I'll buy different heads

What do you think is the better option for pistons...order custom or buy off the shelf stroker pistons and cut the valve reliefs for the W9 valve angle?

I´d talk to a Piston manufacturer first what they think about changing the valve angle.....have no clue about that. Better safe than sorry...;-)

Michael

Any favourite piston manufacturers I should consider?

Krooser just got some "nicer pistons than he expected" from Race Tec
ask him who he worked with
in general standing the valve up needs less changes to a piston than increasing the angle

-
Back