[SOLD] free parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was gonna keep my mouth shut, but he's done nothing wrong by asking. He, and i for that matter, would rather see old stuff just hanging around in someone's way be available, rather then hitting the dump. Whether it's just garage art or something that's just beat and can be refurbished.......

I know members here occasionally put up free stuff. I'd name names, but i would be afraid to leave someone out, You guys know who you are :), and it's much appreciated.

I had the same thought in my earlier post below......yes i didn't ask, and now i know why.

I actually thought about this months ago, but didn't pull the trigger. For me, i was just thinking of some stuff i could redo and make a few bucks on. Going broke and no job will make you think of all kinds of ways to get some income :D. I've been using Craiglist, but the pic'ins in my area have been slim. Good luck with whatever you find.

Just as random examples:

A old carb, a radio that doesn't work, A dash cluster, a intake with a broken tab being used as a door stop, etc...........If someone is willing to part with them for shipping and i spend my time and money making them usable again, am not supposed to be able to sell them and make a little profit for my time???

I'm sure some of you are just having fun with this, but maybe some are just upset they didn't think of it first.:D

I was gonna keep my mouth shut, but he's done nothing wrong by asking. He, and i for that matter, would rather see old stuff just hanging around in someone's way be available, rather then hitting the dump. Whether it's just garage art or something that's just beat and can be refurbished.......

I know members here occasionally put up free stuff. I'd name names, but i would be afraid to leave someone out, You guys know who you are , and it's much appreciated.

I had the same thought in my earlier post below......yes i didn't ask, and now i know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldmanRick
I actually thought about this months ago, but didn't pull the trigger. For me, i was just thinking of some stuff i could redo and make a few bucks on. Going broke and no job will make you think of all kinds of ways to get some income . I've been using Craiglist, but the pic'ins in my area have been slim. Good luck with whatever you find.
Just as random examples:

A old carb, a radio that doesn't work, A dash cluster, a intake with a broken tab being used as a door stop, etc...........If someone is willing to part with them for shipping and i spend my time and money making them usable again, am not supposed to be able to sell them and make a little profit for my time???

I'm sure some of you are just having fun with this, but maybe some are just upset they didn't think of it first.

exactly

tqfastfish- I understand what you're trying to do. Last summer I had 3 single pulley/single field alternators and a starter that I just had laying on the balcony of the apartment.
I posted a "for free" ad on craigslist in the auto parts section and within an hour a guy came a picked em up. I didn't care what he was gonna do with em, they were in my way and I didn't need them. I knew that one alternator worked but I didn't care.
Also, did the same with an old wiring harness from an 86 Ramcharger. I knew I wasn't going to ever use the stuff again and really didn't know what it was worth so it didn't bother me to give it away. If someone can use it for whatever they desire and I can be of help, then good luck to them. At least the parts aren't going to waste in one way or another...it may serve someone else's purpose. To each his own I guess.

Hope this helps.

Thankyou

Try to understand what rubs some of us the wrong way is making an announcement that you want to collect whatever free parts anyone has whether you need them or not, while here on FABO we have a history of more of a give and take between members helping each other with parts they really need to get their cars running. Wouldn't you rather see someone who's on a tight budget and needs a specific part benefit from someone's generosity, than just piling up a random parts collection?

He isn't forcing anyone to just give up their junk or good free parts....he just asked and threw it out there.
It's a matter of the giver's choice to give him the parts or give to someone who may be on a tight budget and need them, so he's not really infringing on anyone's generosity to another member.
If the needy person doesn't ask then it's their loss anyways. Just saying.

He isn't forcing anyone to just give up their junk or good free parts....he just asked and threw it out there.
It's a matter of the giver's choice to give him the parts or give to someone who may be on a tight budget and need them, so he's not really infringing on anyone's generosity to another member.
If the needy person doesn't ask then it's their loss anyways. Just saying.

I agree 100%, it's just whether people perceive it as virtuous or unclassy.

as stated I was just throwing it out there because if anybody had any parts that they were going to throw away or junk,I said that I would take them,Im not asking anybody to give up parts that they need.

Now that I know the original poster is a 12 year old kid, this post has a new light!:eek:ops:

At present, I don't have any parts I want to give up, but, I do have an opinion, and it's free (no shipping req'd)!!

If you already have all of these....

1966 dodge coronet,426 max wedge
1974 duster 225/6
1970 cuda 542cu drag car -super gas
2012 dodge journey
2003 ram 3500 dually
1998 ram 1500
2001 neon
1968 dart project

...why don't you sell one of them so you can buy the parts you need?

{ducking}

At present, I don't have any parts I want to give up, but, I do have an opinion, and it's free!!

If you already have all of these....

...why don't you sell one of them so you can buy the parts you need?

{ducking}
Because he is a 12 year old kid......his daddy owns all that stuff.......he needs free parts to "start a collection"

Because he is a 12 year old kid......his daddy owns all that stuff.......he needs free parts to "start a collection"

Ok...maybe his Dad should sell one and help him out...the kid's 12...what kind of parent is he, anyway? I helped my son at that age...now he takes up half the garage!!!

Maybe get dad to take ya to the scrap yards?? I remember trudging thru them with my dad as a kid, always enjoyed it! Bring a box of tools. You will learn more doing that then asking for free parts on the net. No offense intended

Maybe get dad to take ya to the scrap yards?? I remember trudging thru them with my dad as a kid, always enjoyed it! Bring a box of tools. You will learn more doing that then asking for free parts on the net. No offense intended

Steve have you been to Junk/Scrapyards lately? If so then you would know there are very few to any old cars in them. it is all junk new cars and any old car you find is already striped of parts.

Steve have you been to Junk/Scrapyards lately? If so then you would know there are very few to any old cars in them. it is all junk new cars and any old car you find is already striped of parts.

YES I HAVE...HOW BOUT YOU?? A scrap yard up around my neck of the woods has about 30-40 mopars....nothing rare, but still has some stuff that you can pick n paw at. And Im in the snow filled north!
Do you not think he would learn anything at the scrap yard??
Gimme a break....go figure you respond in a "free parts" thread...

No offense to you TQ, if you really are 12 then I would think you would find a scrap yard cool to check out and learn how to remove parts instead of getting them in the mail....

I know I know , my dad brings me to scrap yards all the time now and I actullay don't need this thread anymore, I dont want to take any parts, I already have enough parts that I dont know what to do with< LOL and for you 65 val I dont like the way youre speaking to my dad,he does everything for me, brings me to all his races,buys me most everything I need or want ,hes the best dad ever!! I want to just get by this project by my own so I truley know its mine! and by the way he gives me half his garage too, do not insult my dad or I, what kind of dad are you to be insulting somebody they dont even know,??

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back