[SOLD] free parts

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I got this weird car with a wing and I gotta get it out of my yard.....

There is one of those here in the back pasture but mine has a weird ugly pointed nose and spark plug wires sticking out the center of the valve covers. Been going to make a chicken coop out of it so the chickens will have a perch to roost on. How you like them fancy carb covers grandpa made before he passed on?

Attachments

• Superbird woods.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 222
  • Superbird woods2.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 206
I thought this thread was a joke, but it looks like the orig poster is serious, he wants to start a small mopar collection, for FREE. Hey, who wouldnt?? I notice a nice late model dually pickup and an enclosed trailer in the avatar, why dont you sell that, and BUY the collection you want?:wack:

Ive seen people do it and Thats what I want to do, oklacarcollecto,I know your serious but I cant travel that far. replicarracer,Yes I am serious , do you have a problem? the first 10 post I got were serious I didnt start this thread for jokes. I will pay shipping as long as the actual parts are free

Im not selling that trailer and car because im not starting a $70,000 collection,I use that trailer to tow this

Attachments

• Cole's Camera Aug 2012 726.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 188
Okay...you show people your nice stuff and then you want people to donate good parts to you for the shipping cost. Doesn't this sound strange to you when you say it out loud? Most parts that people would give you for free may not be worth shipping charges. Are you looking for any type of parts in particular?
For instance I like swapping license plates...I send you a Texas plate and you send me VT plate. So is there a certain collection you are wanting...shifters, Slant six blocks, /6 manifolds, lug nuts....I think you need to narrow it down.

guys,I just want to know if you have ANY parts laying around that you want to get rid of. Im not trying to rip you off:wack: I would never do that and If you have somthing that I want enough I will be willing to pay just Im not collecting fenders,hoods,blocks,ect. anything that could not be shipped The first couple post I had people said that they tried this before and good luck! so Im just wondering what you have laying around. If I want it bad enough for my collection I will make you a serious offer,so it dosnt have to be free,just like up to about $60 Im not going to buy anything big that will cost more then its worth to ship plus I dont have the room for big parts, I hope some of you understand.

I'm sittin here reading this and I am blown away!..... I'm all for free! F.O.C rules!
A couple of days ago I offered a newbee some linkage that he needed for FREE. It was something I was not going to use and I wasn't looking to get money out of it. Thought I would hook-up and help out a fellow Mope. Just cover the shipping I asked. Turned out it was not what he was looking for. He thanked me and said "no thanks". He could have taken it anyway and flipped it or hoarded it but he didn't. That kid had more morals than some of our older members.
Another member had a project going and needed it, so he got it!
I DO think a "FREE TO A GOOD HOME" classifieds is a great idea. All you have to do is:
1- pay reasonable shipping,
and 2- Here's the big one!
PROVE YOU NEED THE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show us a photo of your project and your needs. If it's worthy, and thats up to the GIVER then thats AWESOME. Share the Mo-Carma.
Don't try to get rich or be a greedy A-hole!
Fix your cars with a little help from your friends.
Maybe our poster can use his trailer to sell burritos out of at the track for some extra money.
Larry

guys,I just want to know if you have ANY parts laying around that you want to get rid of. Im not trying to rip you off:wack: I would never do that and If you have somthing that I want enough I will be willing to pay just Im not collecting fenders,hoods,blocks,ect. anything that could not be shipped The first couple post I had people said that they tried this before and good luck! so Im just wondering what you have laying around. If I want it bad enough for my collection I will make you a serious offer,so it dosnt have to be free,just like up to about $60 Im not going to buy anything big that will cost more then its worth to ship plus I dont have the room for big parts, I hope some of you understand.

Y'know what...there are guys out there who are struggling to keep food on the table while skimping and saving to live out their automotive dreams with a rot bucket Slant Valiant....
You, with your beautiful racecar and tow rig...dude, I would not give you the sweat off my balls if you were dying of thirst.
Do you even have an idea what the word CLASS means?

I'm sittin here reading this and I am blown away!..... I'm all for free! F.O.C rules!
A couple of days ago I offered a newbee some linkage that he needed for FREE. It was something I was not going to use and I wasn't looking to get money out of it. Thought I would hook-up and help out a fellow Mope. Just cover the shipping I asked. Turned out it was not what he was looking for. He thanked me and said "no thanks". He could have taken it anyway and flipped it or hoarded it but he didn't. That kid had more morals than some of our older members.
Another member had a project going and needed it, so he got it!
I DO think a "FREE TO A GOOD HOME" classifieds is a great idea. All you have to do is:
1- pay reasonable shipping,
and 2- Here's the big one!
PROVE YOU NEED THE PARTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show us a photo of your project and your needs. If it's worthy, and thats up to the GIVER then thats AWESOME. Share the Mo-Carma.
Maybe our poster can use his trailer to sell burritos out of at the track for some extra money.
Larry

Great idea!

fine you guys are being mean,I said I was going to pay shipping I was just throwing this out there ok, Its just an Idea I had ,is there anybody who is really sierious? I just had this idea and im not rich or snotty I was making a statement I think its a good idea to have a free section thats all I was just asking if anybody had anything laying around they wanted to get rid of.

Larry

WOW! Im not rich or greedy ! please stop

tqfastfish- I understand what you're trying to do. Last summer I had 3 single pulley/single field alternators and a starter that I just had laying on the balcony of the apartment.
I posted a "for free" ad on craigslist in the auto parts section and within an hour a guy came a picked em up. I didn't care what he was gonna do with em, they were in my way and I didn't need them. I knew that one alternator worked but I didn't care.
Also, did the same with an old wiring harness from an 86 Ramcharger. I knew I wasn't going to ever use the stuff again and really didn't know what it was worth so it didn't bother me to give it away. If someone can use it for whatever they desire and I can be of help, then good luck to them. At least the parts aren't going to waste in one way or another...it may serve someone else's purpose. To each his own I guess.

Hope this helps.

Okay...you show people your nice stuff and then you want people to donate good parts to you for the shipping cost. Doesn't this sound strange to you when you say it out loud? Most parts that people would give you for free may not be worth shipping charges. Are you looking for any type of parts in particular?
For instance I like swapping license plates...I send you a Texas plate and you send me VT plate. So is there a certain collection you are wanting...shifters, Slant six blocks, /6 manifolds, lug nuts....I think you need to narrow it down.

I don't recall seeing him post anything about sending just "good parts," just anything you have laying around that's in the way which may include good and junk parts.
I do agree that maybe he should be more specific or let know a little more detail about what he's looking for if that applies? It may be just anything..

WOW! Im not rich or greedy ! please stop
Sorry tqfastfish , not trying to be a total DEEK! Some/most of us would kill for your set-up. It's hard enough to gather up pieces to keep our own rides moving and I think we all can use some help with some free-bee's.
My bad, I'll stop.
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back