Freind got a long-awaited phone call

-

Big Dad

Reaction score
I think it was 7 or so years ago, he bought a project 69 RR on a estate auction , no knowing anything about Mopars ..

chebbie guy , he dug into it wide open before he told me he had about 2/3rds of work done , and he told me he had no title .. wasn't worried .. well, it was a big deal , it took a lot of effort to get it ..got the call today , finally all cleared and will be in his hand in couple days .. car is all done been hiding in storage for 4 years , I;m only one that has seen it I think

Nice, its not stock done his way

I think it was 7 or so years ago, he bought a project 69 RR on a estate auction , no knowing anything about Mopars ..

chebbie guy , he dug into it wide open before he told me he had about 2/3rds of work done , and he told me he had no title .. wasn't worried .. well, it was a big deal , it took a lot of effort to get it ..got the call today , finally all cleared and will be in his hand in couple days .. car is all done been hiding in storage for 4 years , I;m only one that has seen it I think

Nice, its not stock done his way
Glad he got a title to it. Here in Missouri it's against the law to sell a car without a title, at least that's what I was told by the local dmv.

Yeah, it was a big mess .. guy died, there was a lien on it ..auctioneer told him they had title, did not.
wouldn't help , took a lot of detective work

moral of story don't buy cars and sure don't fix cars unless you have title in your name

he got lucky on this one

That‘s tough to read.

I have heard so many horror stories about buying a car with a bill of sale only. For me to even consider one, it would have to be something I really wanted. Even then, I would do some research before I bought it.

Glad he got a title to it. Here in Missouri it's against the law to sell a car without a title, at least that's what I was told by the local dmv.
In most, if not all states it is illegal to sell a car without a title. However most states do have a method of obtaining a title, but it can be challenging and expensive.
I have purchased vehicles without titles. I bought my 66 Valiant from a salvage yard with no title, just a bill of sale. It was going to be a low dollar drag car, and never be tagged. A couple of years ago I decided to try and make it road worthy, and would need a title. Took about 3 months, and about $400 but I have a valid Florida title.
PS: The title cost more than the car.

-
Back