Fri midnite madness

-
Very nice! Awesome to see you made it into the 12s on bottle. :) Keep up the great work. Are you going to be sticking with the stock intake?

I think I am about at the limit of the tires. They were new this spring, but are 10x22x13 M&H. I couldn't get a taller tire that would fit in the wheelwell, and don't want to "butcher" the car. It is really too nice to modify. The tires I really wanted finally became available, again. They were on Backorder for more then a year. They are Pheonix 6x26x15W's. Just need to get an extra $390.

A lot of nitrous. I am in the neighborhood of a 200 hp shot, and right off the line, using a full throttle switch on the carb.
Back in 2006 I had the car on a chassis dyno, and made 354 ft/lbs of torque at 2900 rpm, with a lot less nitrous. I would estimate, I am now close to 400 ft/lbs.
It is starting to get expensive. Using just about 2 lbs per run, and C-12 race gas at $11.50 per gal.
You pay now (turbo) or pay later (nitrous).
Turbo cost is up front, once and done, if nothing breaks.
Nitrous less up front, but continue to pay, and pay, and pay, etc.

PS: this was a stock fresh short block, with stock cast pistons, and rings, and bearings (homemade full groove mains) in 2010. Just a mild cam, a few oilling system mods. Head is stock except for milling and 340 valve springs. Headers, and a stock cast iron intake modified for a Holley 500 cfm 2bbl. Electronic ign with a MSD 6a.
Trans is a 1965 904 with a manual VB, 8 inch converter, and a 64 pushputton shifter. Rear is a "A" body 8 3/4 with 3.91 SG.
ALL BOTTLE, NO THROTTLE :) :)

Wow!!! Thanks for the rundown. A 170 that runs like a 225!!!

You go, guy!!! :cheers:

Very nice! Awesome to see you made it into the 12s on bottle. :) Keep up the great work. Are you going to be sticking with the stock intake?

Probably. I built this manifold in 1977. A couple of years ago, I tried a Clifford with a 2 bbl plate, and the same carb, and the car slowed down, so I took it back off. I will grant you I did not play with changing the jetting, so it may or may not be better. Plus this manifold has the fogger nozzols.

Wow!!! Thanks for the rundown. A 170 that runs like a 225!!!

You go, guy!!! :cheers:

Hell, that little engine has an attitude. It thinks it is bigger then a 225. It thinks it is really a small big block :) . Tue nite we ran a SRT8, and he had to go 109 mph to just barely nip me in the lights. Did in a couple of mustangs and imports, but I don't know what they had for motor. What is really neat, is the attention the car gets, since I have a fender decal that says "powered by 170 slant six".

-
Back