Friggin people

-

TrailBeast

AKA Mopars4us on Youtube
Reaction score
I'm just whining about what I have to put up with to make a buck sometimes.
I own and operate a local computer business and a woman calls to ask if we have any used computer systems.
We tell her we do and she buys one from us.
A couple of weeks goes by and she calls and says, "Whenever I print something the words come out bigger than they did when I first got the computer".
I end up on the phone with her to tell her that we would have no idea what she has changed to make the printed text larger, and therefore we would not be able to tell her over the phone what to do about it.
I did tell her that we could schedule a service call for her to solve the issue for her.
Then she asks if we do not want to give support for a computer we sold her.

WTF is wrong with people?
Free support on a used computer for user settings that were changed by the person using it?
Free phone or onsite support for a used computer?
GOD I get tired of people sometimes.

Rant over.

I did this 20 years ago. When a computer cost $4,000, people didn't mind so much paying for service, training and support. Unfathomable to them now that they only cost a couple of hundred dollars. Good luck.

Some people should not own computers!! If she bought a car and adjusted the drivers seat for her, then the hubby drives it and changes it, would she call the dealership??? Some people were simply born stupid....

Yep-it's called dealing with the public,it happens all the time.Last week someone sold a Chevy fuel pump then the guy brought a Dodge pump in and wanted money back-he said it didn't fit.

Used to go out to collect the mail for the USPS once a day. Stupidity ran rampant. Most asked question was is this going to get postmarked today......my answer was no, going to bring it inside and hide for a slow day so we have something to do. Used to always get asked "Why do stamps cost so much?"......My answer was always have you seen the price of ammo lately? Strange, shortly after using that answer a few times they stopped me from going out to get the mail.....

Speaking of stupid.

I got a call once from a woman saying "I sent an email to your free support address, but never got an answer so I will never use your free support again!"

I never got an email from her in the first place to answer because she sent it to a wrong email address, and I REALLY wanted to say "Thank you" when she threatened to not ask for free support again.

Some people should not own computers!! If she bought a car and adjusted the drivers seat for her, then the hubby drives it and changes it, would she call the dealership??? Some people were simply born stupid....

Steve, my dad owned a used car lot for many years and you would be amazed at what customers would come back for!! I think the best one was the lady that came back 2 years after she bought a Toyota. She had a ticket in her hand for $45 for defective equipment. She not only wanted us to replace her burnt out taillight bulbs for free (which we did) but pay the ticket as well. :banghead:

I had a customer come back over a year after I detailed there car complaining that the interior smelled again.

I used to work on a few co-workers cars at the PO. Final straw was when Mark, Mark Haggerty....Seriously, that is how he would start phone conversations with me, pissed me off beyond pissing me off. Took a few vacation days. Ernie & I were out just driving around. We were about 3 hours from home and he called saying that he had this big major issue and he needed me to fix it. So I told him to be at my place in a few hours. I get home and he is waiting for me, with this pissy look on his face. He proceeds to tell me that when I replaced his water pump and the power steering pump a few months earlier that I must have spilled something in the alternator because it died. What was said next by me is not safe for public viewing....that was the last time I worked on any bodies vehicles....

Steve, my dad owned a used car lot for many years and you would be amazed at what customers would come back for!! I think the best one was the lady that came back 2 years after she bought a Toyota. She had a ticket in her hand for $45 for defective equipment. She not only wanted us to replace her burnt out taillight bulbs for free (which we did) but pay the ticket as well. :banghead:

Arent light bulbs covered in the lifetime warranty??? LOL:violent1:

I went on a long racing weekend. Told most of my customers, I would be gone 5-7 days. I am only about 100 miles from home on the way out, and get a cell call from one of my customers. "When I get back on Monday (4 days), I need to check his A/C. It isn't quite as cold as it was". :violent1:

How about the customer, That just has to have their car, "tomorrow", and then doesn't come to get it for another week.

Let's take this the other way.I had a service contract with a local computer company and had to take my computer in for repair.They said come back in two weeks so I did and they said it will another two weeks.I had another computer so no big deal went back after 4 weeks and they said another two weeks and I asked why they said because people were paying more than me for repairs.That was all it took I turned them into the BBB and after that they got my computer repaired and I told them I wasn't paying the monthly fee on their service contract.Six months go by and they sent me a letter that if I didn't pay they would turn me over for collection.So I sent them a check for $135.00 and stated that if they cashed it they were admitting to being a bunch of dumb asses.Guess what they cashed it.

How about the customer, That just has to have their car, "tomorrow", and then doesn't come to get it for another week.

Thats ever dealership I have ever worked for. And body shops its "were on our way to drop a car off" Which means we will be there in 3 days.

I used to work on a few co-workers cars at the PO. Final straw was when Mark, Mark Haggerty....Seriously, that is how he would start phone conversations with me, pissed me off beyond pissing me off. Took a few vacation days. Ernie & I were out just driving around. We were about 3 hours from home and he called saying that he had this big major issue and he needed me to fix it. So I told him to be at my place in a few hours. I get home and he is waiting for me, with this pissy look on his face. He proceeds to tell me that when I replaced his water pump and the power steering pump a few months earlier that I must have spilled something in the alternator because it died. What was said next by me is not safe for public viewing....that was the last time I worked on any bodies vehicles....

There is a place here that does that.
When you drop it off they ask if it's an emergency, and if you say that it's not then they do all the work they sold as an emergency first because they charge more for emergency work.
Then when you call or go in to find out if it's fixed and you find out it isn't then they tell you if you would have paid for the emergency service it would be done already and try to charge you more to put it in the emergency pile.

Oops, wrong post.
I meant to quote dodge71demon.

Sorry

There is a place here that does that.
When you drop it off they ask if it's an emergency, and if you say that it's not then they do all the work they sold as an emergency first because they charge more for emergency work.
Then when you call or go in to find out if it's fixed and you find out it isn't then they tell you if you would have paid for the emergency service it would be done already and try to charge you more to put it in the emergency pile.

GoodFast-Cheap.jpg

~Michael

Im having a problem with a garage now that told my gf that they are selling her 80,000 warranty tires. She, of course, paid extra for those. Total bill is $800. They are now at 36,000 miles and all 4 tires have busted belts. She bought these in Feb/March of this year- she does child services-alot of miles. Anyway- we told this garage at around 30k miles that they were bad. Right on the receipt- it says "rotate every 5-6000 miles." Two different people there said the tires were shot. Hmmm- 80k tires shot at 30k??? All highway miles at that! They said-you didnt rotate them every 2-3ooo miles. Hmmm- receipt says different. Now they say- tire companyprob wont cover them because we didnt rotate them enough. Now they want us to send pics of the tires in. They already saw them and felt they had busted belts!! Last time I talked to him, I told him that they are 80k tires, they arent even 1/2 way on the mileage! To top it off- when I first checked them- they showed-all 4 tires- 28psi. Max press is 44psi. I always set them at 40-42psi. So- he had them underinflated to begin with- that will bust belts. Im at a loss here- maybe this is in the right post but it sounded good lol.

Im having a problem with a garage now that told my gf that they are selling her 80,000 warranty tires. She, of course, paid extra for those. Total bill is $800. They are now at 36,000 miles and all 4 tires have busted belts. She bought these in Feb/March of this year- she does child services-alot of miles. Anyway- we told this garage at around 30k miles that they were bad. Right on the receipt- it says "rotate every 5-6000 miles." Two different people there said the tires were shot. Hmmm- 80k tires shot at 30k??? All highway miles at that! They said-you didnt rotate them every 2-3ooo miles. Hmmm- receipt says different. Now they say- tire companyprob wont cover them because we didnt rotate them enough. Now they want us to send pics of the tires in. They already saw them and felt they had busted belts!! Last time I talked to him, I told him that they are 80k tires, they arent even 1/2 way on the mileage! To top it off- when I first checked them- they showed-all 4 tires- 28psi. Max press is 44psi. I always set them at 40-42psi. So- he had them underinflated to begin with- that will bust belts. Im at a loss here- maybe this is in the right post but it sounded good lol.
That sucks. Never had a problem, yet, with Discount. When we got my the Explore the previous owner had just put cheap tires on it. Belts shifted on one of them. They replace it. Another one got a lump a couple days later. Went back and the guy said he did not want to deal with chasing these junk tires anymore. He sold us a set of Michelin's, only charged us for 2 of them and threw the certificates in for free.....

Had a church call about one of their church people with car problems, between people in his church and me he paid about 15% of his bill out of pocket. 2 months later his transmission light start flashing(unrelated to past repair) and now wants to know if I can just fix it for free so he does not have to go back to the people in his church.

Man, the stories I could tell. I am a Deputy Sheriff, so I get to deal with ignorant people all day long. The people that you guys laugh at and tell to pound salt, come to me to complain about you. Then I get laugh and tell them the same thing.

what cracks me up is the friggin people on other sites that are scared to send my money after they get their parts LMAO seriously? "they dont do business that way " OK , so , the only one that would potentially get burned is me .... Really ? what a bunch of morons LOL or am i the moron for being so trusting haha.. and this is after i send them a screen shot of my feedback score.. wow

-
Back