Friggin plug wires! Mopar Performance P4529797

-
Well, when I get advice to " Stop the Insanity, Now!" I feel like I'm getting free Mental Health advice! Lol just kidding... Beautiful how God does things...one door closes, and another opens. The Gal and I scored a Lil job that would have kept us Rolling till the end of Jan.. hourly.. but the Jeep being crashed ended that. The Guy actually gave us a week! Cool of him. So I lost that one.. then An investor called me, to do a house in Winter Haven, so put the Clutch in her 94 Jap Bowtie, (remember, I posted here for help) been sitting so long the tag lapsed ( she came to visit and got stranded, lol) finished that yesterday. Got 19 doors to pick up. An Isusu Amigo ain't gonna cut it. The At Fault Drivers Insurance FINALLY called today bout a rental... for an extra 4.88 a day ( outta pocket) I scored a Chebbie Colorado. And BOTH are a really Big Blessing right now...Another Blessing was, believe it or not, Sherwin Williams! I went in the local to get some paint for another job, they had me fill a Credit App. My First Commercial Credit acct! So I was able to " Juggle" some things and pay the electric.. heck , I got better paint, without going to Home Depot and standing inline...called it in. I'll pay them outta the profit.. Hope You and Kitty are doing great!
Well.....when I SEE insanity. LMAO. We're ok. We've been better, but been a lot worse.

Much better! Now its PICO too, which is Canadian company I believe. I bought all my elec connectors from them for my dash harness thru the local jobbers. Thanks!:thumbsup:
More good from a resurrected thread:thankyou:
Damn right. These dead threads are good for somethin. lol

If Pico is a Canadian company, you might could find it even cheaper up there. You have the part number now, so give it a shot.

I learn ALOT from them. Personally, I try to only post when I'm Stuck. Or airing out my Personal Biz! Lol . You, along, with Many Other folks here ARE DEFINITELY AWESOME!!!!
Well, thanks, but you know what they say.

"Opinions vary" lol

Remember Super Shops $7 plug wire kits? They were blue....I think they were Mallory? I dont think they were the Accel (yellow) They gave you 9 cables about 6 inches longer than you needed and straight black plastic feeling boots and 90 ends, and 18 brass fold over ends with little brads. You could make them look real nice as you cut to fit them. Not sure how good they were but they worked. There was a guy at Pomona that used to sell Accellplug wires and super coils by the barrel. I think they were all "field destroy" returns that he ended up with somehow. I think it was $10 per set or a buck for a single and $20 for the super coils.

Remember Super Shops $7 plug wire kits? They were blue....I think they were Mallory? I dont think they were the Accel (yellow) They gave you 9 cables about 6 inches longer than you needed and straight black plastic feeling boots and 90 ends, and 18 brass fold over ends with little brads. You could make them look real nice as you cut to fit them. Not sure how good they were but they worked. There was a guy at Pomona that used to sell Accellplug wires and super coils by the barrel. I think they were all "field destroy" returns that he ended up with somehow. I think it was $10 per set or a buck for a single and $20 for the super coils.
They were made by Taylor. I remember those. They were as good as and better than a lot of stuff today. Taylor was still made in USA back then. I don't think it is now.

Man, they had one on Busch Bvd here, back in the 80s, early 90s..them and AE both had MP stuff hanging on the wall.. loved it. Bought Flow Master 40s for my ol Coronet there, like 30 bucks or less, each..

Two things to remember about high tension leads is:
- what is the insulation made of
- what is the conductor made of

Silicon insulation is very good as it has very high dielectric strength AND high temperature resistance.

Factory & many aftermarket wires use a carbon/graphite conductor which can & does break, causing sometimes maddening intermittent faults. They also have very high resistance which reduces the spark energy that gets to the plug tip. And they are usually cheap, so you get what you pay for...

The best conductor is spiral wound copper or s/s over a graphite core that supresses RFI while at the same time being low resistance & not robbing the spark plug of energy.
Solid copper core is also good, but causes huge RFI interference.

Didn't realize this thread was back in 2017.
The orange wires weren't my favorite on that motor.
Glad you didn't go that route, and having to buy 2 sets ? Forgetaboutit.
My favorite wires for the SB is the MSD 8.5 Super Conductor wires, in black. However, for some reason they have become increasingly difficult to find in black.

2Q==.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back