From modified engine - back to stock

-

duster360

Reaction score
Anyone here ever go from modified engine, back to stock. What were your reasons for it? Just curious

I have removed a lot of aftermarket chrome , aluminum valve covers, headers & aftermarket radiators etc. in the past.

The OE look is what I prefer.

Sold a complete 9 second "Street" car because it was no longer enjoyable. The duster now is on the edge at 525 hp but still enjoy driving it.

Went back but mostly for cosmetic reasons, except for intake, headers and aftermarket carb going away internals unchanged so likely down on power slightly but plenty enough go for me. Prefer the early 70's look over the late 70's early 80's look now,:D

DSC02734.jpg

IMG_5586.jpg

Anyone here ever go from modified engine, back to stock. What were your reasons for it? Just curious

Even in this day of the internet's access to information, well-tuned, performance or stock engine builds rarely have the proper tune to maximize drivability, efficiency and performance.

I've found that nearly 90+% of the people who's modified cars I've driven or ridden in are not properly tuned, and suffer from reduced drivability, less than optimal performance and poor mileage. It's not surprising that people want to attempt to improve those conditions by switching back to stock. However, even when stock motors are installed, the majority of cars are tuned incorrectly still, ie set to the factory specs.

Life is to short to drive a bone stock Mopar set-to factory specs.

-
Back