Front and rear screen seals - quality matters

-

J1MMY

Reaction score
the front screen needs replacing on the Valiant and I’ve done a good deal of forum searching (some threads go way back!) so, in 2024 who is held to be the supplier of the best quality seals for front and rear screens?

And why is the rear screen so much more expensive?!

Just guessing here, but with a super expensive rear piece, it must be a 65/66 hard top? If so, the rear is not being reproduced for either year as far as I know. But I would use Steele Rubber products for the front, and pray like hell the rear can be reused. If it’s any other year, Steele is still a good supplier.

Sorry I should have put year - it’s a ‘68 2dr. I was looking on the Dante page and whilst the front is 139 or 169, the rear is 100+ more. By the stiff state of the rubbers front and rear and the delamination of the front screen, if they aren’t original they’re very old - and muddy under the trim. Fingers crossed the apertures are good

Steele has the best quality

Sorry I should have put year - it’s a ‘68 2dr. I was looking on the Dante page and whilst the front is 139 or 169, the rear is 100+ more. By the stiff state of the rubbers front and rear and the delamination of the front screen, if they aren’t original they’re very old - and muddy under the trim. Fingers crossed the apertures are good
1713471300097.png

Steele don’t list a rear for the car. Is the glass in any other ABody the same, Dart maybe?

Here's the rear window gasket for a 69 valiant 2 door sedan. They use the same glass and roof as the 68 2 door sedan.

Steele don’t list a rear for the car. Is the glass in any other ABody the same, Dart maybe?
1713548960679.png

-
Back