Front console bracket Measurment needed ASAP

-

TAZLDAZL

AMSOIL DEALER
Reaction score
Hey members,
Just finished putting in my floor pans and now I need to add my console brackets. I have checked out most of the threads concerning console bracket location. There are some great pictures out there but none of them give a measurment for the front bracket. I am putting in a B&M shifter and customizing an original auto console. My car didn't have a floor console in it. The center hump was in great condition so it didn't need to be replaced. What I would like is a measurement from the seam, (where the center hump floor pan meets the firewall) to the front of the front bracket. I have an old rusted center hump with all the brackets still on it but it was cut out just in front of the front bracket.
Thanks to all who may reply to this request.
Tazz

I have a '68 'Cuda that is apart. It has an automatic and the console is removed. If you have a 2nd generation 'Cuda, I can get the dimensions later this afternoon or later tomorrow afternoon.

If you do in fact have the hump with the brackets still on it, put a straight edge against the right side of the rear bracket long enough to cross over the front bracket. You can get left to right offset and rear bracket to front bracket spacing from that.

Here's a pic of what my master template looks like . I cant get a paper copy to you today...

another...
[URL=http://s102.photobucket.com/user/Obarracuda/media/templetefulllength.jpg.html][IMG]http://i102.photobucket.com/albums/m93/Obarracuda/templetefulllength.jpg

Hey, RedFish, that's a real good idea! Is foam-board what you use?

The original template is corrugated polystyrene but at 10" wide and 60" long shipping is impractical. Folded paper copies ship cheap. End user would glue the paper to cardboard and razor out the openings.

The original template is corrugated polystyrene but at 10" wide and 60" long shipping is impractical. Folded paper copies ship cheap. End user would glue the paper to cardboard and razor out the openings.

Interesting... How much for one of these?

Sorry to get back to this thread so late.
Lone wolf
I have a 71 Demon.

RedFish
Thanks for the picture. I remember seeing it on another thread while trying to find measurements. So my question is when you lay your template down. What are you using for a guide for placement? Is it the rod coming up through the floor? I do not have this as mine was a regular auto on the column. So what I would like would be a measurement from the front seal (firewall to floorpan) to the front of the first bracket. After that I have the rest of the measurements from the floor pan I have already with the brackets on it.

Thanks again everyone.

My template has a center line that begins at the factories weld at center of the drive shaft tunnel at rear. The front end of the line is measured left and right from the steel behind the kick panels at the 60 inch total length of the template. If my template and line were extended farther toward the firewall these left and right measurements would change. Hope that makes sense.

-
Back