Front Disc Conversion from 9" drums

-

jbospunk

Reaction score
Don't know if anyone has covered this yet, but I was about to pull the trigger on PST's front disc conversion kit when I noticed the disclaimer stating:
"NOTE: Will not fit cars with O.E. 9" drum brakes."

Well there goes that idea. I have 9" factory drum brakes. Why won't they fit and does anyone else make a similar product that WILL fit?

NOW WHAT?

'65 Barracuda 273/A904

you need 10" drum spindles, $100 shipped with hardware.

Attachments

• DSCF2627.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 247
  • DSCF2628.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 207
Scarebird Brakes makes stuff for Mopars with 9" and 10" drum brakes. http://www.scarebird.com/index.php?id=1

I've still got 10" drums on my Demon. I really need discs on the front.

Wylde1.
What you have to remember is 9" drums have real small bearings. Not a good idea to put a heavy side load on those spindles on the street. Might be ok for the 1320 though. I only have one set this is it. I have them on my desk for another intersted person .First one that sends the cash gets them. I pm'd you my info

Or you find a set of upper control arms to lower ball joint combo from a 1973 up a body disc brake car and bolt it on along with the matching master cylinder and distribution block. Search disc brake conversion.....

I did the scarebird conversion 4 or 5 years ago and haven't had one problem with them and it only cost me about $225-250 complete

-
Back