Front end grease type and where to get it......73 Dart

-

318MoparGuy

MoparHokie
Reaction score
Hi All,
Front end needs to be regreased (such a common thing that gas stations did many years ago when you had your oil changed). I have a stock front end and would like to find out the correct type of grease to use and where I could get it. Thanks for your help as always....
318MG

Hi All,
Front end needs to be regreased (such a common thing that gas stations did many years ago when you had your oil changed). I have a stock front end and would like to find out the correct type of grease to use and where I could get it. Thanks for your help as always....
318MG

Since you have not gotten any answers yet, I throw my 2 in.
Front end grease is about the least critical lube as far a quality on your car, but personally I still use a good grease like Lucas or even graphite based wheel bearing greases from any of the major brands available locally .
The problem is graphite based grease is nasty messy stuff, so since I have red poly bushings and ball joint covers I use the Lucas Red and Tacky for front end lube.

Just in case though, do not use that same grease for wheel bearings.
Best to use a high temp wheel bearing grease made for disc brakes, even if you have drums.

Just about any NLGI#2 grease you can buy, as stated it's not that critical.

I simply use high temp disc brake wheel bearing grease in the tube. Nothin fancy. Been usin it over 40 years. Simple, cheap and effective. No need to over think it with so called new fancy "better" stuff.

-
Back