Not open for further replies.

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of front leaf spring hangers that I thought would fit my car, but dont.(bolt hole sizes are different and offset to what mine are)They are in great shape, I have sandblasted, primed and painted gloss black. $50 shipped anywhere in the 48 US or Canada.
Thanks
Steve

DSCF0918 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0919 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0920 (Medium).JPG

Just a suggestion ... you may want to include some measurements/dimensions so that potential buyers will not feel like they will end up with something they can't use.

Yea, Steve I may want them for my Scamp...but some dim's would help! What were you trying to put them on?

THx

Thanks for the suggestion GTX. Sorry I thought if anyone was interested that they would have asked questions. Anyway here is a pic with the one on the right being the one for sale. The one on the left is my orig. I guess with my 69 formula s, it has hd suspension so it has a 5/8" bolt that goes thru the bushing on the leafs and the hanger. Everything is identical to my orig one except for the bushing bolt hole.
Dimensions for bolt hole 3/8"
hanger outside measures 3.35" side to side
hanger outside measures 4.32" top to bottom
studs center-center top to bottom measure 3.11"
studs center-center side to side measure 1.74"
studs are 3/8" coarse

Maybe I am being too picky, but if I drilled the hole out to 5/8, it would be an oblong hole. Hope this helps

DSCF0918 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0928 (Medium).JPG

DSCF0929 (Medium).JPG

Steve,
If you wanted to use the better looking of the two sets, you could weld in a plug and redrill the correct hole in the right spot...
A little paint and you would be the only person to know.
C

Beatnik, I didn't mean to screw up a possible parts score on you, only to help out Steve. If you don't end up with these and need a set, PM me. I have a set from my '72 Duster available with the small hole.

FWIW, I needed bushings for the rear spring and could not find them for the small size that my '72 had. I had a '75 Duster parts car and a bushing kit was available for that so I swapped over.
C

Hey clhyer, thanks for the tip. Im not at home now guys and wont be for a couple days, so I will update once Im able to get someone to see if they can weld(cuz I cant)

Got the issue straightened out with my hangers. I took your advice clyher and filled them(well I had somebody else do it) and redrilled the holes.
Sorry beatnik, problem solved they are gonna be used.

Thanks Scott, yeah im glad I took clyher's advice. Man I wish I had a welder. They were in perfect shape for 44 years old. Im only 42 and in waaaaay worse shape!!

Thanks Scott, yeah im glad I took clyher's advice. Man I wish I had a welder. They were in perfect shape for 44 years old. Im only 42 and in waaaaay worse shape!!
Should we cut you a bigger hole :bootysha:too?LOL.See you at MoparFest,look for my blue shade thingy and bring a fold up chair to sit and socialize(drink beer)LOL

If you use a Stepped Drill bit/Uni Bit the hole will come out perfectly round and centered in the exact same spot! FWIW

Mad Dart, you are correct in what you said. In this case though the hole needed to be centered a little off. Centered where it was may have caused some interference with the bushing.

Beatnik - shoot me a line if you need a set of hangers with the smaller holes.
C

If you use a Stepped Drill bit/Uni Bit the hole will come out perfectly round and centered in the exact same spot! FWIW

Mad Dart, you are correct in what you said. In this case though the hole needed to be centered a little off. Centered where it was may have caused some interference with the bushing.

Beatnik - shoot me a line if you need a set of hangers with the smaller holes.
C

I guess I misread it.............I am a f___ up! haaaaa

I thought the holes were in the same spot.....dangitttt

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back