Front Suspension kits????

-

John Ciseski

Reaction score
I know this topic has been beat to death, but it seems like I can not make up my mind, and it's a lot of money to be shelled out. I currently have upper control arms from Magnum Force and wilwood disc brakes, both purchased from them. Everything fit fine, the only complaint I had from them, was their customer service was terrible. My credit card was charged the day I ordered the parts, and I did not receive my parts for over 8 weeks. I called to ask why, and their response was to para-phrase, "if you don't like it, don't buy them." I wouldn't mind buying the rest of the kit from them, due to the fact I have some of their parts already, and it would be cheaper for me to order the rest. I'm not worried about supporting the coil overs, I will have bay bars running from my cage into the motor compartment. I would also be able to run the wilwood brakes I have already. From what I've read I'm very concerned about the pieces fitting correctly and the lead time it would take to get these parts.

I've done nothing but read very good things about the alterktion front kit. It looks like a very nice piece and everybody has nothing but good things to say about them.

I guess my question is, has anybody used Magnum Force parts recently, and if so, how did they fit? What was the lead time in getting these parts? The same questions would be nice to hear about the alterktion kit as well. Has anybody used Bob's Pro Fab front end kit, or AJE Racing front end kit?

I would appreciate any help resolving all of these questions I currently have... Thank you in advance for the help..

I SAY FORGET MAGNUM FORCE. I been to there shop, I live 25 minutes from there, they are a bunch of pricks. kinda stuck up attitude like you described. There tubular front end kit is complete and total junk.

Go with RMS AlterKation, all the way! I have one, and it's frickin awesome!

i don't think you'll be able to use your current brakes with a magnumforce tube front end. i believe they went to a mustang spindle.

i have read way too many threads about fitment and geometry issues with the magnumforce tube front end for me to ever trust spending the money on one. do yourself a favor and buys the alter-k-tion and be done with it. you will not find a better product or customer service.

i beleive RMS builds the alter-k to order. so from the time you order its a few weeks before you'll get it. call and talk to bill, he will explain it all to you..

as far as the others you listed go, from what i hear they are more a track piece and from what some have said not very good set ups for anything else.

Thanks for the responce. If Magnum Force went to the Mustang spindle then yes, this is not going to help me at all. I also felt Bob's Pro Fab looked great, but seem to be a drag reace only piece. I will call RMS and see what they can do, I will keep you posted. Thanks

Make sure you tell them you will be sure to post their crappy customer service attitude on multiple car related forums.
Maybe they will be nicer to the next guy.

i have Bob's system....well half of it...both the uc and lc with affco doubles. Unless you are wanting to put big tubes headers inside your frame rails or better road manor i think your money is better spent on other parts of the car. Coil overs are heavy and the weight difference is small. If your worried about bump steer or huge wheelie bounce put good shocks in the back or a bar.
I am happy with Bob's product...great fit...slick look..solid workmanship...great guy(Bob)...and adjustability but probably would not do the front end again....if all out race car ill tube the car and strut the frontend.

-
Back