Front turn signals not working

-
Copper traces are best cleaned by using a good quality fresh eraser from a quality pencil. Believe it or not, this will remove oxidation from the copper traces on the board. It will improve contact of socket tabs to board contact. I always use dielectric compound on all my electrical contacts as well. Corrosion can cause buildup of oxides and other nonconductive products on the contact surfaces; wether it be bulb socket to base contacts or any exposed wiring subject to corrosion.

The rally panel has 2 circuit boards with 2 connectors. That left side connector has 3 pins in straight line with no guide to proper install other than 1 pin and wire missing from the possible 4 total. These supply left turn indicator, 2 of illumination bulbs, and either HI BEAM or BRAKE indicator ( I forget ).
Not only is it very easy to leave this connector off or place it wrong, It is also very easy to break the pin to board connections. The very top pin, all of it really is too close to the top of the panel. Thus tilting the panel going out and back in is hazardous.
The smartest cure/fix I have seen was use of basic 4 wire trailer harness connectors. 3 wires soldered to the board and anchored to the housing. Connector is remotely located, out of harms way.

-
Back