Frontend suspension kits?

-

Gublakhan

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I'm looking to do a full rebuild on the frontend of my 66 Dodge Dart, and since this will be the first time for me I would love some help on choosing which kit. So far, I'm looking at Classic industries, performance online and performance suspension technology PST which all companies seem similar in price, but I don't have any knowledge of part quality or customer service. Does anyone have any suggestions or advice on a frontend rebuild kit? What to look for, etc? Also, does anyone have an opinion on rubber vs. poly bushings? I've read that poly is the way to go for performance and durability, but might have vibration and squeaks.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

I installed the kit from PST on my Barracuda. Pleased with the fit and the price. Everything I needed was included

Used PST poly on my 72 Demon. All good so far. Rides nice. As far as rubber or poly you will surely get opinions equally for both so I will stay out of that.
Yote

I just buy good parts at the local parts store, but a kit my be better in your case. Since this is your first rebuild I would do rubber mostly as it is a little bit more forgiving than poly but if you have a sway bar use the poly on the mounts and links.

Also, I need to let PST know the diameter of the sway bar -- Sorry for my ignorance here, but can I just take a measuring tape and measure the sway bar, or is there a more official way to do it? Thanks!

Take an adjustable wrench open the jaws till it just slides over the swaybar. Then remove and measure the distance between the jaws on the wrench. If you have any other questions please let me know.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing
1-800-247-2288
Ext 316

Or buy a caliper. Dial and digital calipers are fairly cheap at harbor freight. Even a plastic "put on your glasses and read the little marks" caliper will come in handy. A man cant have too many tools.
I know about buying those tools specifically for suspension work. We'll use those once or twice in a lifetime. A caliper is second only to a tape measure in common uses.

I would go with the "real" guys PST, not a dip co. like classic ind. .... sorry, ///// I don't like their service! I forgive, but I don't forget.

Does anyone have advice regarding all rubber or poly bushings? In general, my dart is a stock vs. custom restoration with mostly OEM parts, but I've read a lot of positive things with poly vs rubber and was planning to go poly... Is there anything I should consider? Thanks in advance!

With Polygraphite the ride will be slighty harder due to less give or deflection in the material compared to Rubber. It would make it feel more like a modern ride. It all depends on what you plan to do with car. The Poly is a great starting foundation for performance upgrades in the future.

Thanks
James From
PST Marketing

-
Back