Frustrations are gettin the best of me

-

Nite Moves

Reaction score
As some know im so close on gettin my Dart out for spring. AS of late it seems that all the little stuff isnt going well. one out of three jobs go well the other two, part no good or its wrong. I love the Dart but sometimes i feel she likes pissin me off....next time i get another ( for my daughter) its going to be a complete car not one 3/4 dissasembled. At least if ones together i can label everything. Lesson learned ,less frustration. I know parts are old and sometimes dont work but through the 7 years of working on it ive found lots of mickey mouse stuff, thus posting some silly questions. Sorry for the rant just havin a **** week.....Edd

Just sit back take a breath and pop a beer. I think we all have been there, It will work out.

1 out of 3 is still moving forward. I took my truck apart, spent 7yrs working on it before it was done. I didn't remember where it all went and in what order and I made notes and lables.

Thanks, it seems to be a regular thing with my project. Understand frustration will be there at times but lately it seems all the time. Startin to get in my pocket book were it may not be spring is all...I know alot of us are in the same boat. The dam thing is so very close it brings me down. This time of year and well my Depression dosent help either.

Just sit back take a breath and pop a beer. I think we all have been there, It will work out.

HH nailed it. Don't sweat the small stuff Ed. I have found my Destinesia is ramping up more so than before.
FYI Destinesia- a term used to describe amnesia when you get to your destination.

Thanks, it seems to be a regular thing with my project. Understand frustration will be there at times but lately it seems all the time. Startin to get in my pocket book were it may not be spring is all...I know alot of us are in the same boat. The dam thing is so very close it brings me down. This time of year and well my Depression dosent help either.

I feel your pain. Going on 8 years, never imagined it would take this long. But life happens. Had a lot of family stuff get in the way of me working on the car this year. Other years it was job change, family health... I quit trying to predict when it will be done. Every time I try to plan ahead, I get frustrated cause it rarely works out. I just take my time now and enjoy it when I do get to work on it. I have a mental list of what needs to be done and when time permits, I keep chippin away at it. After all, any work I do is getting closer to being on the road. Maybe by Summer, we shall see...

go back in time - remember that car when you decided it was going to be your project - look at how far you've come (I can see it in your gallery) - you're just fine.. it's just a PINA that's all - bolting up all the big stuff is relatively easy - it the finishing details that'll drive you up a wall. You're getting frustrated because you give a ****... halifax has the right idea - R&R - have a beer --or two or.. take a day off even - or two or...

Thanks for the replies and i do understand....a beer or two for sure today..Im glad its nothing major i need done it always seems like the little stuff even in life, Its been a real rough couple weeks especially at work with major cuts. Its all coming down, friends losing jobs, so far im ok,,Well im told anyway.Its always great to post something like this here, Fabo is a family and lots care....mabe FABO should be For A Bodies Only Family,,,,,,,FABOF!

For me, it's my mental list that bugs me the most. It's what I can afford to do - what I have time to do - and the big picture of seeing it all done. Writing down first(for me) a parts list with prices. Writing a list of everything that needs doing. First and foremost before I go nuts with it all, it get's it out of my little clouded up brain and on a piece of paper to see and check off and add to. This way I can see my progress and know things are getting done.
My biggest concern this winter is staying on track ! Buying ONLY parts that I NEED !! I love mopars and if
I could I'd buy every cool project car and parts I seen. LOL

I say, get it where you can drive it safely and enjoy, and work on making it 100% as you want it as you can. for me being able to drive it down these old back roads is the main thing.

frustrated somewhat, maybe depressed? I thought maybe you are back East till I re read. those Easterners are feeling BAD right now cause they have NO snow and way too warm!!???? ha

Yea i bought a duster all ready too go, i just want a car i can enjoy for awhile and not half to worry avout things.

Just take a rest and enjoy the holidays, start the new year off fresh.

It's not the things that go right that build character, or in this case, a love for your car, it's the things that make you work for them that will make you the most proud! I know you're old enough to put this into perspective, but the person who is handed everything and has to work for nothing has nothing to be proud of....it's the person who has to work for everything that has the right to be proud!!! Enjoy the little victories, especially the ones that make you work, and think to get through them! When it's all done, you can stick out your tongue at them and say I did it and you couldn't stop me!! Then get ready for the Dart to test you with every little thing it can!!! Kinda like 2 sibs in the backseat!!!! ��

Many of us are in the same boat. Especially when you are doing all the work by yourself.
It is easy to get bummed when you look at the big picture of what is needed to complete before it is road ready. A huge elephant of work to do. Focus on ONE thing at a time. This has helped me. Eat the elephant one bite at a time.

It's not the things that go right that build character, or in this case, a love for your car, it's the things that make you work for them that will make you the most proud! I know you're old enough to put this into perspective, but the person who is handed everything and has to work for nothing has nothing to be proud of....it's the person who has to work for everything that has the right to be proud!!! Enjoy the little victories, especially the ones that make you work, and think to get through them! When it's all done, you can stick out your tongue at them and say I did it and you couldn't stop me!! Then get ready for the Dart to test you with every little thing it can!!! Kinda like 2 sibs in the backseat!!!! ��

I so agree. everytime I fix some small something, I really get a feeling of satisfaction.
but I agree, winding up with bad parts, me making mistakes, it will get me down! working on everything just by myself is the biggest hurdle.

Many of us are in the same boat. Especially when you are doing all the work by yourself.
It is easy to get bummed when you look at the big picture of what is needed to complete before it is road ready. A huge elephant of work to do. Focus on ONE thing at a time. This has helped me. Eat the elephant one bite at a time.

X2. I've REALLY lost a lot of "health" ground in the last few years. It has slowed me down a bunch.

When you get discouraged, take a break for a while...

Then when your battery is recharged, go at it until you get it done...

Then move on to the next part...

You can't eat an elephant whole, you can only accomplish it one bite at a time....

It's a "hobby", not a demand. Relax and enjoy it. There are no time limits, except those that you impose on yourself. When it stops being fun you need to take a step back, and take a second look at the "time limit", or the hobby.

I have alot of character for sure more now then ever (Thanks to this forum)and you are absolutely right. This forum and all the great people in it like all that has posted on this thread gives me more then youll know.I have done alot, especially with a limited amount of knowledge, more now that im here and i have come along way. FABO 's members have helped me a great deal and i will never forget it.Thank you everyone, BTW i wish it was a bit colder with some snow here. Im sure no one likes that statement but im in Ontario, Canada and it just aint right, EH! Iam taking a break and R&R is soon coming in mid Jan. MY Darling wife told me to take a week off and thats it. I have no idea what is up! She says i need it. Depression really sucks. Meds dont cut it at times and i think as im posting thats the major source of how iam now. I have no problem saying to anyone i have depression because unfortunately alot do but dont do anything about it.......YOUR NOT ALONE. Cheers everyone, you have made my day reading all this, Thank you, Edd

Hi Edd, late to this thread, but I was thinking Christmas/Holidays is a stressful and emotional time, not always good. It can trigger depression. Feeling a little let-down myself. Getting these cars fixed up is hard work...if it was easy, everyone would be doing it...after the excitement of the beautiful paint job you accomplished, now you're left with some aggravating jobs to do. Just think back on all you've done and you had to learn as you went! When you're depressed, stand back and look at your Dart and remember, "I did that."

-
Back