[SOLD] FS: Twin Hood Scoop Templates for 70-71 Dart/Demon

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have one of these templates they would sell? I know this thread is old, just found it.

I'd 'rent' one and send it back if that works.........

I'm interested, too.

I have, somewhere, the scoop bolt pattern for the single sual-snorkle scoop if it's needed.

-John

Yeah, I am still looking for someone who has one of these templates that they dont need anymore so I can put the scoops on my Dart that are restored and ready to put on. ANYONE?????

Attachments

• new car pics 015.JPG
    127.2 KB · Views: 458
Can anyone help out with a template, Tazldazl doesn't respond to my pms, shipping would be to ca90220
Can anyone comment on the quality of the year one scoops as compared to the originals. I have bought the reproductions but have the chance to buy a pair of what looks like nice originals $350

thx

I am looking to purchase/rent the template also if anyone has one? I have a set of original mint 71 scoops that I want to install on my 71 Dart. Terrified about about drilling into a nice newly painted hood. Any help would be appreciated.

Template Update.
Since I have been receiving more PM's about buying and or renting my Master template. I have decided to go ahead and make some more. Now before everybody starts posting they want one, these are going to take some time to finish. They will probably be ready by mid June. If I should get them done before I will let everyone know. I will be selling them again for $30 Shipped to the U.S. Canada will be more. I don't know how much yet but I will try and find out once they are done. I will also be keeping a few aside for anyone who would like to rent one since this was what I was doing for the members here before it started to get out of hand. What I am planning on doing is setting a flat fee of $20. This will cover shipping both ways (about $12 to ship USPS Priority mail). I will send the template in a tube along with the instructions, to use as a guide, and a returning lable. So all you will have to do is pay via Pay Pal, use the template (I try and let everyone know to try and have your car ready and only have the template for 2 weeks) then place it back into the tube and ship it back.
Again Please wait until I have stated on this thread that they are ready. I will do my best to get these done ASAP.

Thanks again to FABO for an outstanding site.
AJ "TAZZ" Schneider

I was going to do this project beginning of June. If you are confident about mid June I will buy one for sure. Put me first on preorder list please. I'm Canadian so let me know price and I will PM funds. Own not rent. Thanks again for following up on a great thread.

I am interested but what is the significance of the 4" hole being so close to the front of the scoop?

Wicked72ride,
There is actually a couple of reasons, first if you look at the bracing under the hood there is little room anywhere else to put it. Second, if you look towards the front of the bracing you will see a little cured cutout on the edge of the bracing. This is so when the hole was drilled it didn't go through the bracing. Their is also one more reason, from Mopar they put the holes in the hood to help cool the motor. It was never entended to be used for an air induction type system. The air came in and over the engine and then exited out the bottom. JMO
TAZZ

Template Update:::
Rec'd back my Template from my good friend at his sign shop. He had it for about a week working on getting everything put into a computer. Checked it out last night against my hood. A few holes were off by a little bit and some guide lines were off also. Taking it back to him today after work so he can fix these few mistakes. After that I will test it again to make sure everything lines up perfect. Can't help it, if I'm going to be making these I want them to work for everybody the first time and as easy as possible to install. I know I said that they would be done around the middle of June. Well it's pretty close beside he is doing this on the side for me so his business comes first. Once the template is perfect I will be able to punch these things out with no problems. Sorry to all the FABO members that are waiting paitently for one of these. Please give me just a little more time to get these just right.
Thanks to all and have a great and blessed day!!
AJ "Tazz" Schneider

If you got all of the issues worked out, I would be willing to rent one also. I have the hood ready to go. Send me a PM when you get a chance. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back