FSM Wiring Diagram

-

flashsuperstar

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
1972 Plymouth Scamp originally a 225 /6. Looking at my wiring and the FSM diagram I find sometimes find multiple wires in my vehicle coming from the same location, i.e. fuse block that are factory but they are not all listed in the FSM. Anyone else have this dilemma?

I've found differences that are mistakes in the drawings, but at least as often observed differences that appear to be a production or manufacturing alternation that functionally works the same. For example where the diagram calls out for a welded splice but the harness actually uses a couple of double wire connections on the terminal connectors.

If you post up what your seeing that seems not to match, we might be able to help you figure it out.

I've found differences that are mistakes in the drawings, but at least as often observed differences that appear to be a production or manufacturing alternation that functionally works the same. For example where the diagram calls out for a welded splice but the harness actually uses a couple of double wire connections on the terminal connectors.

If you post up what your seeing that seems not to match, we might be able to help you figure it out.
Thank you, I really respect your opinion. My dad worked for a Chrysler WD in the fifties and sixties and always said Chrysler would do things like I explained. Just in my years working on Chrysler products I have never had as many of these "Chrysler Moments" happen as have happened with this vehicle. Thank you again.

If I understand what you are referring to, Ma used connectors as junction points. I cannot think of a good example, but "let's say" the red wire (power) for the radio connector had two wires. One would be coming from the source, and even THAT might have been daisy chained, and the 2nd wire might feed something else.

Another oddball is a device that gets its power from the wiper switch where the switch itself has the passthrough in it.

I would have to look for what it is again but talk about confusing.

It's the backup light cir feed.

Often accessories or optional equipment have their own separate schematic. Check other pages in your FSM.

Also I don't remember what years, etc, but there HAS been misprints in the FSM. For a few years around?? 68 ish--70--71 ish don't quote me, there was a mistake on which pins the yellow start wire and the green/ red horn wire went through the bulkhead connector. This is one of those things, that when you find it, you might waste some time, but there is only one conclusion: It did work, therefore the manual must have been wrong.

Mopar has always had the worst electrical diagrams of any car company I have ever worked on.

Hah! Then you haven't worked with AMC - especially mid 1980s.
1699106069274.png

Yeah I did. I worked at an AMC dealership until I started at Chrysler/Plymouth in 1985. Mopar wiring is the worst.

-
Back