fspent hour tpyeing and cant post

-
Try doing shorter posts.

I have that issue too, sometimes the browser times out.

I usually try to type long posts in Word or some other program. That way, if the browser freaks out, I still have the original text to try to paste again. I can also spell check my text if I feel like it, too.

I usually try to type long posts in Word or some other program. That way, if the browser freaks out, I still have the original text to try to paste again. I can also spell check my text if I feel like it, too.

I don't know whether this guy is serious or just trolling. All you need is a simple text editor, "Notepad" if you're a Microshaft user, or "Gedit" if you use Linix. There are literally hundreds of these little editors.

Anyone remember "Edlin?" No fair Googlin'!!!

Another neat trick: when you get a post composed hit control-a (on everything but Macs; on Macs use command-a) to highlight everything in the textarea and control-c to copy. You have a copy hanging around that you can re-paste in later, paste into a Wordpad document, etc.

I didn't really like edlin. Ed, Wordstar, Emacs... There were some others that I have forgotten now. Ack. My mind is slipping.

@bonehead - that is why I am thinking it is a browser time out. Your browser will only wait for so long before logging you out or refreshing the page. It can be adjusted but the change is pretty tech heavy. I like damnimcooltom's suggestion and use notepad, then copy and paste it into your post.

thanks for your help will have grand daughter show me how to note book and paste.....thats why they call me....bonehead

I don't know whether this guy is serious or just trolling. All you need is a simple text editor, "Notepad" if you're a Microshaft user, or "Gedit" if you use Linix. There are literally hundreds of these little editors.

Anyone remember "Edlin?" No fair Googlin'!!!

Edlin was for young'sters... Do you remember ed?

I remember Magic Windows.

It was on of the first wysiwyg word processors for the Apple II.

-
Back