Fuel filter/plumbing issues

-

oldjunk

Reaction score
I have been searching for a fuel filter that has a 5/16 inlet and a 3/8 outlet. The steel line from my fuel pump is 5/16 and the inlet for my edelbrock carb is 3/8. I currently have a cheap spectre glass filter that you can plumb with different sized inlets. It's ok, but I would rather run a higher quality filter. I was thinking about changing the carb inlet to 5/16 so I could just run any 5/16 in/out filter, but I can't seem to find a 5/16 inlet with the correct 5/8 in.-20 Male Thread. Any suggestions?

I cannot find anything that is 5/8-20, are you sure?

Not SAE, not JIC/ AN, not inverted flare, and not U.S. pipe threads

What I was going to suggest, let's say it's JIC/ AN O ring. Easy. Go to anyplace that sells hydraulic fittings, get a fitting that screws into the pump, cut it off if necessary, then drill / rheam/ thread it for 1/8 or 1/4 U.S. pipe, and then screw whatever size hose barb x pipe fitting you want into the adapter.

I cannot find anything that is 5/8-20, are you sure?

Not SAE, not JIC/ AN, not inverted flare, and not U.S. pipe threads

What I was going to suggest, let's say it's JIC/ AN O ring. Easy. Go to anyplace that sells hydraulic fittings, get a fitting that screws into the pump, cut it off if necessary, then drill / rheam/ thread it for 1/8 or 1/4 U.S. pipe, and then screw whatever size hose barb x pipe fitting you want into the adapter.

Here is the inlet on my carb. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/EDL-1497/ Am I reading it right? Thanks for the suggestion.

Ahhhhh for some reason I was thinking threads in the pump (as in "big electric") instead of the carb. Those are proprietary fittings. SOMEONE may make the one you seek, I just don't know who.

So I"m guessing the line from your pump is the mechanical pump. I've cheated in the past, some 5/16 hose you can stretch over 3/8, and some 3/8 hose you can clamp down on 5/16

Ahhhhh for some reason I was thinking threads in the pump (as in "big electric") instead of the carb. Those are proprietary fittings. SOMEONE may make the one you seek, I just don't know who.

So I"m guessing the line from your pump is the mechanical pump. I've cheated in the past, some 5/16 hose you can stretch over 3/8, and some 3/8 hose you can clamp down on 5/16

Yeah, that's the way I had it before I bought the glass filter with the different in/out sizes. I'm just surprised no big name filter companies have made something like this.

I think Aeromotive (?) makes filters that might be of use to you. Might require buying a few fittings....

I think Aeromotive (?) makes filters that might be of use to you. Might require buying a few fittings....

Looked at their website. Looked like good stuff. I'll have to see if they have what im looking for.

-
Back