Fuel filter, preference?

-

PlymCrazy

Reaction score
2EB74784-5966-4849-8DE1-91E72151B182.jpeg

Fuel filter...how often do you all change yours? See-thru or solid metal type preferred? Brand/Part #? Preferred location in the engine bay? Anything you may have to suggest, throw it my way please. This is how mine is set up currently.

Wix metal filter. Wow I can't remember when I changed mine last But I installed a new tank and lines so it shouldn't have much rust. . Something I need to do next spring. Probably time for some new plugs and points. It has been years but not many miles.

Like to put them down by the fuel pump, away from heat of the intake. metal filter. Need to change filter often with original gas tanks. Steel line up from the pump is good thing too.

67.jpg

In 72 or 3, the factory off the top of the intake. placed it beside the timing cover below the alternator so the fan could blow at it and keep it cooler. Plus it stands vertical so no air bubble in it.

Huh, I would think the exhaust manifold would be a lot hotter than the intake manifold. Mine is in the original location in front of the carb, like the first photo. Never had any problems with that.

-
Back