fuel injected 408

-

zakimodo

Reaction score
Id it possible to make a 408 out of a 95 360 magnum. Im worried about it throwing the fuel injection off.

Theres stroker kits for the Magnum engines to make 400+ cubes, but the fuel injection unit needs bigger injectors and the computer will have to have work done to it.

that sounds like a wicked set up. give us some information if you have any. im very interested in this but i can't seem to find anything good.

will do, this is a thought right now. a buddy of mine says there are ecm's on the market that you program on your copmuter acording to the parts in the engine

THis is mainly a truck site but they specialize in fuel injected stroker motors might b some info on it. KRC performance ,they do preaty much all magnum motors in dakota's and rams.

thanks , another question what all is changed out besides the crank, a fellow employeee was telling me pistons and rods al have to be different.

There are several sites with these motors, mine is a 416 (340 with 4" crank, eagle rods, and diamond pistons) lots of people makes kits (some claim no clearancing is required). GS motorsports does some stuff for magum motors...and another if I remember I will post the site

Rods can be stock because the length is thesame as stock, but I run H beams in the ones I build because the piston speeds are so much higher with a 4" crank. Basically, the pistons swap because the taller crank uses a shorter piston. The rod could be stock, because it's length doesnt change.

Also check out KRC Performance. They have built a few MPFI 408 strokers, particularly in Dak R/Ts and one mean AWD Grand Cherokee that runs 12s.

-
Back