Fuel Line Routing

-

Brad426

Reaction score
I'm using 1/2" aluminum fuel line and AN-8 fittings for my 69 Valiant Pro Street. I'm looking for any trick ideas to run the fuel line through the frame instead of around it. I see through frame brake line fitting but, nothing in 1/2" for fuel, These are nice. I would like to use solid aluminum tube and AN fittings as much as possible becaue it's free at work (lucky me). I'm trying to comply with NHRA rules and stay away from the area of the drive shaft tunnel, frame rail to frame rail & front and rear wheel wells. I'm using an alunimum fuel cell in the rear as well with a return fuel line. Thanxs :prayer:

Are you useing frame connectors?Maybe you can drill at the rear frame,run through the frame and connectors and out the front,useing grommets at enter/exit points?Just a thought for hideing the fuel line.Good Luck

Yes, I am using frame connectors and that though did cross my mind. I wanted to stay outside the frame for inspection and maintenance purposes. I though about using good quality grommets to pass through the frame where required. I'm thinking about making my own SS through frame fittings but, I'd like to keep it simple and safe so I can drive the car in this life time..LOL

I ran my line along the side of the connectors with the clamp/grommets on my 66 Dart race car.Easy,safe and visible.

I ran mine from the fuel cell along the inside of the frame , through the torsion bar cross member(drilled and used grommets here). Kept it neat and easy to inspect.

Attachments

• P7110057.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 944
Spend all that time and effort, then hide it? Good looking vehicle plumbing is like artwork.

Well I started at the easy part. The fuel tank and am working forward. It's slow going and a $6.00 a foot I want to messure 500 times & cut and bend once....LOL

Attachments

• DSC00004.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 889
  • DSC00005.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 869
looks good so far! I think what I might do when the time comes, is drill a hole through the frame 3/16" bigger than the 1/2" fuel line, so that would be an 11/16" hole I guess, then slide a piece of tubing that has an inside diameter of 5/8" and weld the tube both sides to the frame and that would act as a chase for the 1/2" line to go through....

That's what i did to run the fuel lines through the trans cross member in order to keep it all neat and tidy and still retain the strength around the torsion bar.I just changed to that same fuel lab pump. Much quieter than the old holley pump I was useing. Awesome looking job your doing.

Thanks guys! I still have to add a couple of supports with Adel clamps for the fuel line around the fuel cell. just for support & vibrations. What do you think of running the fuel line and return line on the underside or bottom of the reat frame rail? I don't have any room on the inside and I want to keep the fuel lines as far away from the tires or things they might throw as possible. The Fuelab came highly recommended and I have not decided about the two speed option. THey say the pump will last longer if you hook up a switch for high volume when racing and low speed for cruzing for blue oval to shut down. What say you?

I'm thinking of using AN 8 bulk head fittings on the aft side of the trans X-member and a wider hole on the forward side to accomidat flex lines up to the EFI Via that small gap between the frame rail and lower front fender area. I may habve to cut some of that out. I do not want any rubbing. I realy like your idea of welding a larger tube for routing, great idea. Might take you up on that. Standy-by!

Cheers

-
Back