Fuel lines

-

sorewrist1

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there anything I can do with the 4 extra vent.lines in gas tank Can I just connect them together or do they serve a purpose? This is in a 71 Swinger California car dart. Jim

There is supposed to be a vapor recovery cylinder in the left rear corner of the trunk that acts as a liquid/vapor separator. It has a line that runs to the front of the car that lets accumulated vapor store in the crankcase when the car isn’t running and get pulled through the intake and burned when it is running.

Last edited:
There is supposed to be a vapor recovery cylinder in the left rear corner of the trunk that acts as a liquid/vapor separator. It has a line that runs to the front of the car that lets accumulated vapor store in the crankcase when the car isn’t running and get pulled through the intake and burned when it is running.

AND IT IS THE TANK VENT LINE

Frankly I would do what it takes to convert to the (some 70) and 69/ earlier vent system, which is a simple tube welded into the upper end of the filler tube. Then you can plug the tank fittings

The early vent: The tube into the filler is "up high" in the trunk, and the 1/4 tube that connects goes clear up to top of the fender/ quarter, then bends down, follows the filler tube down, and goes through the gasket in the trunk floor, where it simply ends---open--inside the rear frame rail. This is a simple vent and works well. It is well protected from siphon action

242yckm-jpg.jpg

AND IT IS THE TANK VENT LINE

Frankly I would do what it takes to convert to the (some 70) and 69/ earlier vent system, which is a simple tube welded into the upper end of the filler tube. Then you can plug the tank fittings

The early vent: The tube into the filler is "up high" in the trunk, and the 1/4 tube that connects goes clear up to top of the fender/ quarter, then bends down, follows the filler tube down, and goes through the gasket in the trunk floor, where it simply ends---open--inside the rear frame rail. This is a simple vent and works well. It is well protected from siphon action

View attachment 1715456149
Thanks guys for the response I will try to simplify the hoses to make installation easier Makes my job simpler Jim

-
Back