Fuel overflowing!?!?

-

gilberttitan08

Mexican Hillbilly!!!
Reaction score
So, today I tried filling up my 68 bumble bee tuna, it was low on fuel. So, after three gallons into it, the fuel over filled. Any ideas why?

I noticed Bumble Bee cans of tuna are small and can fill up quickly.

Check the gas gauge and sending unit. Make sure the ground strap the connects the sending unit and the fuel line are in good shape, not rusty or corroded.

Those cans do empty quickly. I've never attempted to fill one.
having the same trouble w/ a totally new system, 7 gallons and a overflow. gotta be an airlock!?????????:banghead:

has to be a fault in the sender or gauge. Stock tank should hold about 18 gal.

having the same trouble w/ a totally new system, 7 gallons and a overflow. gotta be an airlock!?????????:banghead:

Ha ha, I have a 12 gallon fuel cell that will only hold 10 gallons, lol! :wack:

try shoving 3 pounds of BullS in a 1 pound bag

get you a long piece of hose and stick it down in the tank until you hear it hit the bottom and see what it reads

this was my manual gas gauge for the Duster

I see this a lot on the newer cars with emission systems. The fuel tank vent clogs and there is nowhere for the air to go and the pressure shuts off the pump. Most of our cars have had gas pumped in so many times the fuel filler isn't exactly a ... how should I say this ... tight fit? So that isn't usually an issue. If you are sure you were low on gas and this is not a gauge or sending unit problem, I would check into tank pressure not venting.

-
Back