Fuel Price ??

-

Small Block

Reaction score
I like to spike my tank in some of my cars with 110 octane racing fuel because it runs better and sometimes i go full strength. You can sure tell the difference. I just paid $299.60 for a barrel of 110 octane which comes to about $6 per gallon or $5.55 to be exact. What's the price where you live? of the good stuff?

Sorry to answer your question with a question, but I would like to ask if there is really an octane booster fuel additive (Even an home brew) that works?

I believe its over $7 a gallon for Cam2 (Sunaco Purple) 110 here.
87Octane is $3.30 to $3.50 a gallon Diesel is $4.20 a gallon.

Not to hijack your thread, but why would you run race gas,(110 octane), if you didn't have to? The higher the octane the slower burning the fuel, another words, the less volitile and less horsepower you get. A 14 to 1 race engine needs the slower burning fuel but a 9 to 1 street engine doesn't. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the way I read the data sheets.

Jack

Jack, you are 100% correct. You will make the most power on the lowest octane you can run without detonation.

My father is big on all ways running "The good stuff" even after I told him its a waste of money and makes your car less efficient if it doesnt need it.

When I had the 69 Barracuda the 72 low compression 340 would run on 87oct.

Here in Sweden we pay USD 7.88 for 95 octane and USD 8.02 for 98 octane. I wish we were back in the sixties....!

Jack, you are 100% correct. You will make the most power on the lowest octane you can run without detonation

Sorry i disagree my duster runs its best numbers when i mix the 110 with 93and i'm only running 10.9 to 1 compression...don't get me wrong it runs good on straight pump gas too,but time slips don't lie...

Are you running iron or aluminum heads 340srule? If you have iron heads then the 10.9 to 1 compression may be giving you some detonation that you can't hear on the straight 93. That would rob you of some power.

Jack

Are you running iron or aluminum heads 340srule? If you have iron heads then the 10.9 to 1 compression may be giving you some detonation that you can't hear on the straight 93. That would rob you of some power.

Jack

Aluminum.....

im in port saint mr. and all the other sunocos that carry it are around $6,85 for 110, price actually was $5,55 at this indian station sunoco but they went up to $5.95 2 months ago

You say you guys can buy this 110 stuff at the pumps? We have to buy it by the barrel or go to local bike shop and get it 5 gal at a time from the owner who races stock cars. I do the barrel thing.

I sell it by the gallon.
Sunoco 110 $6.89
Sunoco 112 $7.75

Just got informed by Sunoco that all racing fuel was going up .30 across the board.

In Madison, WI Torco 110 is at $6.50 a gallon up a buck from last summer.
Thinking the 12.5 to 1 compression may soon have to go.

Here in west Michigan $4.59 at mobile for 110 and $5.99 at sunoco for 100 unleaded.

The 440hp in the Chrysler and 340 in the Duster (both '71 blocks) run fine on 87 octane here at an average 5,000ft. altitude. I believe they're also both probably running around 10-1 comp. (stock builds) not sure, tho.

-
Back