Fuel Pump Eccentric Question...

-

eekvonzipper

My Member is Legendary!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Setting Valve Lash and Replacing the Fuel Pump tomorrow night...
What Crank Positions are "least" and "Most" for the Eccentric Cam? (early Solid Cam 273)
Would like to Install the New Pump in it's Relaxed Position.
Thanks To All!
-eric

Valve Chart.jpg

IDK
But when you slide the pump in you will know.
If it doesn't slide straight up to the block, then the eccentic is interfering with the arm, just rotate the crank until it no longer does.
But honestly That spring is so soft and the lever is so long, that I just tip the pump straight on and install the bolts.

Here is a picture of TDC (top dead center) firing on #1 on the compression stroke.

As you can see the eccentric is down to the lower left.

Screenshot_20230502-092602_Gallery.jpg

The opposite of this is TDC firing on #6 on the compression stroke, with the eccentric pointing to the upper right. This will be a good position to slip the fuel pump in.

Pull the distributor cap and turn the crank until the Rotor lines up to fire #6.

☆☆☆☆☆

Over thinking it. It just slides in there with only two bolts. You can feel it and the arm goes underneath

Here is a picture of TDC (top dead center) firing on #1 on the compression stroke.

As you can see the eccentric is down to the lower left.

View attachment 1716085071

The opposite of this is TDC firing on #6 on the compression stroke, with the eccentric pointing to the upper right. This will be a good position to slip the fuel pump in.

Pull the distributor cap and turn the crank until the Rotor lines up to fire #6.

☆☆☆☆☆
That's What I needed! Thank You!

-
Back