Fuel Pump for Slant Six??

-
  • sys_02_mini_info_blue.gif
    • Substitute Part: ATX-60577
      The part number you requested is out of stock; however, the substitute item is very similar to the item you want.
    this is a note on the carter...
either one is fine... and your only choice as far as i know (except electric)

SL6dan will chime in and he will know of any others..

The 2nd item you link is incorrectly described. Photo shows a high-performance LA (273-360) pump. Will not fit or work on a slant-6. Wrong picture, right part? Donno. Price is lower than I usually see for the high-perf bolt-together V8 pump. Tough to advise on fuel pumps for slant-6s nowtimes. Many of them (most? all?) are offshore garbage. Don't know how many actual manufacturers remain; if we're not yet at the point of them all coming from one place, we're damn near to it. I have a small stash of the '60-'63 bolt-together Carter slant-6 fuel pumps (like the linked pic but sized and calibrated for the slant-6) and it's easy to get rebuild kits for them. Right now my '73 has a new old stock AC crimped-together fuel pump on it — like this one. (okeh, it's not "new" old stock any more; it was when I put it on in winter '09-'10)

i was installing a fuel ump on my slant six but the bottom of the pump wont go flush with the block because the pump hits the motor mount. This is a pump I got at Oreillys. It was supposed to be oem specs.

WHat fuel pump sould I be buying. I'm super frustrated at this point.

-
Back